Flight simulation(WIP)

Community Forums/Showcase/Flight simulation(WIP)

elcoo(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi,
I decided to post some information about my recent project, a flight simulation developed on BlitzMax with Xors3d and Physx.
My plan is to create a simulation that allows modders to create all kinds of aircraft, using a system that renders aerodynamics of every single part of the airplane. I created a video of a BF110 that's flying pretty stable now:
http://blip.tv/file/2557053
Sorry for the bad quality and that funny line, don't know where it comes from.

Later on I'll also create a video of some other planes as for example a VTOL that i'm currently developing.

I also plan to implement multiplayer and a kind of skirmish battle mode with two airbases, that's the next big things that stands before me.

Well now, I'm open for suggestions and critisism :)

GW(Posted 2009) [#2]
Nice video. The plane looks like it has an odd center of gravity. Like its several meters above the where the radio would be.

elcoo(Posted 2009) [#3]
Hmm, actually the center of mass is where the main wings are. Could you explain why you think its above the plane? It might have another reason.

Grisu(Posted 2009) [#4]
Could you decrease the size and dimensions of the screenshot a bit.
1,8 MB file will kill dial up users.

elcoo(Posted 2009) [#5]
Done.

Mortiis(Posted 2009) [#6]
Is dial up still being used?

Grisu(Posted 2009) [#7]
Sure, skidracer e.g. is.

@elcoo: Thanks.

GW(Posted 2009) [#8]
Could you explain why you think its above the plane?

Bacause when the 110 banks, it rotating (z) relative to a point that nots the planes center.

elcoo(Posted 2009) [#9]
Ah, that's not a problem of the physical model, it's a problem of camera tracking. The plane kind of rotates around the camera.