Sword Fighters

Community Forums/Showcase/Sword Fighters

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hello, here a new video of Sword Fighters, a 3d RPG Action game made in Blitz3d. It's the first video of a collection that will shows some features of the game. First, the combo sword and the throw weapons (knifes, axes, bombs,...). Coming soon another videos with the power of arrows, guns, wings, potions, magic attacks, mounts, vehicles, enemies and more. All in video is ingame and work in progress.

View video clicking here!

wmaass(Posted 2009) [#2]
Very impressive!

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#3]
looks good

Loktar(Posted 2009) [#4]
Wow looks awesome

grindalf(Posted 2009) [#5]
That was amazing, but the flip(@ 1 min 7 sec) was really bad and really made it feel like a game, but apart from that top stuff :)

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2009) [#6]
Thanks for the comments.
Grindalf not like the flip(@ 1 min 7 sec). I've posted it like a quick lateral evasive but I can replace with an animation of walking left or right side like when you fight with the sword. What do you think? I appreciate the criticism.

Gladclef - Ben B(Posted 2009) [#7]
Yeah, agreed. The flip could use work. But, nice job on the special effects.

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#8]
The flip looks like a gumbee jump :) the overall game looks very good so far, great job and keep it up!

grindalf(Posted 2009) [#9]
the flip would be cool if it was like a side dive into a roll so he stays closer to the ground, he just gets way to much air at the moment.

still awsome looking game dude, cant wait to try it :) are you gunna release a demo and if so when?

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2009) [#10]
Yes, you are right, I will work the flip. I'm working in a demo but before I want to add some improvements to the game and create a few initial missions to begin the script of the game. Meanwhile I will do more videos to show more characteristics of the game.

mkg(Posted 2009) [#11]
Very nice indeed. I'd be interested to know what you used in addition to Blitz - for shadows, effects or anything else. Did you make the models yourself?

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2009) [#12]
mkg, I use the FastExt libreries in addition to Blitz (www.fastlibs.com by Mikhail Vostrikov[the best]). This excellent library provides projective shadows for Blitz, realistic water, postprocess effects, bummapping,...and now it has a very good price. Now I'm updating the game with the new feature of Treeparty (by Gothasoft), tree real-time shadows.

Also I created a grass system seemed to GrassParty (BlitzDinamicGrassSystem).

I am a programmer but I have realized or modified 90 per cent of the models of the game, with his textures and 100 per cent of the animations. Also all the code in Blitz3D of the game.

Definitively a lot of work during several years.

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2009) [#13]
Ok, I modified the second half of video, I eliminated the flip and I added some throw weapons levels, with more quantity of weapons and more powerful in each shot. You can view it on video the last part of the real-time shadows of the trees covering the ground, the new feature in Treeparty (by Gothasoft) with FastLibs (by Mivhail).

view video: "Sword Fighters: "Power of Weapons (I)"

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2009) [#14]
Hello, here the second video of Sword Fighters features. This video shows magic attacks in Sword Fighters game. You will can upgrade each magic attack visiting magic stores. All video are ingame and frame rate video is slower than real game. [Work in progress].

view video: "Sword Fighters: Power of Magic"

grindalf(Posted 2009) [#15]
Very nice :)

In a couple of clips (3:13) there was a strange blue wall in the distance what was that? because it looks a little strange

GitTech(Posted 2009) [#16]
Nightwish!! :-D :-D

Video looks good!!!

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2009) [#17]
Grindalf, the strange blue wall is the demo limits land. In demo version only is posible explore some regions of the scenaries. Thanks GitTech and Grindalf for your opinion.

SpaceAce(Posted 2009) [#18]
I'm sold, I want to play this. The environments look a little bland, but otherwise it looks great.

SpaceAce

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#19]
Hello everyone, after a period of silence a new large video (9 minutes) that shows the enemies that appear in Sword Fighters.

Video 3: Sword Fighters: "Power of Enemies"

This is the third different specific video game features. The other two videos I did a few months ago are those, of if you want to see again:

Video 2: "Sword Fighters: Power of Magic"
Video 1: "Sword Fighters: "Power of Weapons (I)"

slenkar(Posted 2010) [#20]
looks good, but I dont like the idea of crows as enemies.

Panno(Posted 2010) [#21]
cant see it in germany because u use sony music content

degac(Posted 2010) [#22]
Very impressive game!
Very good!!!

Grisu(Posted 2010) [#23]
"This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment. It is no longer available in your country." - Impressive! ;)

Luis de la Cruz(Posted 2010) [#24]
@ slenkar: Thanks, I'm glad you like the video. In fact the crows are not direct enemies usually appear in the game. Usually they mood dark areas such as cemeteries, reservoirs, ... though always attack you if you attack them.
@ degac: thank you very much.
@ Panno: 2 videos using music from Sony, but the video 3 "Power of Enemies" uses original music from the game. I Put them in megaupload so that you can download and view from Germany. Hope you like:
Video 2: Sword Fighters: "Power of Magic"
Video 1: Sword Fighters: "Power of Weapons (I)"

Panno(Posted 2010) [#25]
yap see it via tunnel .

video looks cool :) have luck with it !

ICECAP(Posted 2010) [#26]
Hey, nice to see it progressing. Its looking really good!
I'll send you an email shortly regarding the remaining pieces.

beanage(Posted 2010) [#27]
Looks pretty awesome!
[offtopic]
Whats the name of that Nightwish song in PowerOfMagic.wmv?
EDIT: Aah, found it. "Sleeping Sun". You should put the name into the credits next time too, imho.
[/offtopic]