Eschalon: Book II Screens

Community Forums/Showcase/Eschalon: Book II Screens

Tachyon(Posted 2009) [#1]
It's been a very long time since I've dropped a post here to inform my fellow Blitzers about Book II updates....

Anyways, we've posted 2 new screenshots yesterday. They can be viewed from the front page: http://basiliskgames.com

Grisu(Posted 2009) [#2]
Looks great. The game and the site... :)

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#3]
Very nice, the website is much improved.

The game looks great, how many hours gameplay do you estimate?

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#4]
Nice work! looks great

Mainsworthy(Posted 2009) [#5]
I like this type of game, great to see one more.

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#6]
The beetles are good, very creepy/

plash(Posted 2009) [#7]
Looks awesome. I can't wait.

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#8]
YAY!!!

When when when! (linux version)

I cant wait either, i might have to play the first one again to re-emerse.

Tachyon(Posted 2009) [#9]
Thanks everyone!

The game looks great, how many hours gameplay do you estimate?

30+

When when when! (linux version)

Just a couple weeks after the Windows version, which we hope to have finished up by Christmas.

Pete Carter(Posted 2009) [#10]
looks great I didnt finish the last one because my pc died and i lost my copy plus the emails about it. I will give the new one a go when it comes out though. :O)

Edit: I found the invoice and save games as i managed to recover the my documents folder. the one folder i forget to backup had live for speed and eschalon in it GRRR!

Tachyon(Posted 2009) [#11]
I can certainly send you a new download link. Just email me your invoice number so I can look it up.

Pete Carter(Posted 2009) [#12]
thanks will do. ill back it up this time :O)

Grey Alien(Posted 2009) [#13]
Coolness. Pleeeease release this by Christmas so I can play it whilst on Vacation :-) Hard to believe it's been two years since the original.

Have you considered making more bite-sized/episodic games like the Aveyond developer has started doing? Sure some people (vocal minority) moaned about the length, but the games (2x new shorter ones) were only $6.95 and they sold tons on BFG.

Tachyon(Posted 2009) [#14]
Grey: Yes, we have considered this approach.

The "problem" with Book II is that while I hoped development time would be shorter than Book I because I could reuse the engine, I ended up making so many changes that it was nearly like starting over. This was not very wise.

After Book II we are jumping right into Book III, and I hope to have a much shorter (~12 month) development window as I am not going to make huge changes to the engine.