ifsoGUI Multi-Column Listbox

Community Forums/Showcase/ifsoGUI Multi-Column Listbox

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#1]
ifsoGUI v1.01 is now available with a few bug fixes and a bunch of improvements as requested by users.

v1.01 also includes a Multi-Column Listbox gadget.

The Multi-Column Listbox can be a plain Multi-Column Listbox with multiple columns and row and/or column headers that can be clicked. But, it also has a lot of options that are normally found in a grid control. You can assign gadgets to the columns and decide whether those gadgets should show all the time, or only appear when a cell has been clicked, allowing the user to edit the value in the cell.

In this image, you can see that Column 1 contains a checkbox, column 2 has textboxes, but the textbox will only appear when a cell is clicked, and column 3 is a slider gadget. When you run the sample, you will see that sliding the slider, updates the progressbars in column 4.

In the second image, you can see the edge of the sliders from column 3, the progressbars in column 4, and column 5, which shows values that are set from a combobox. The cell from Column 5, Row 4 is activated and you can see the combobox which has been clicked and the dropdown list is showing.

You can find example 4 on the ifsogui.com website in the downloads section.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#2]
..this looks very nice and i like it..however, some nice demo for multiple tests over different 3rd party engines, would be very nice ;)

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2009) [#3]
Cool.

Some ideas follow. Perhaps these are already in, or planned, but I didn't see them covered in docs.

- What about adding SetSkin() to gadgets? Should be simple to add, as it would basicly be Load9Image() if I read docs correctly.

- What about adding a SetBackgroundImage() for Panel and other gadgets with "empty background"?

- It would be cool if ListItem and Cell had properties for adjusting visual look.

- What about skins that are based on tiling instead of stretching?

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#4]
Looks very nice

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#5]
SetSkin()? I am not sure I get this one. You want to have a different set of graphics for two different buttons?

SetBackground image, there will be a Image graphic that is a panel with a background image. But, this is something very easily done just by subclassing the panel or window gadget. One user has already done this.

You want to be able to adjust what an individual listitem or cell looks like? in what way? be able to color each cell differently? Like change the font of one cell or the text color or background color of one cell? If so, then it is obviously possible, but that is a lot of data/memory for each cell if you have a 7 or 8 column listbox with a couple hundred rows?!?!

Skin based on Tiling, that could be done...

Anything is possible, always looking for ways to improve it.

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2009) [#6]
Yes, you got me right on all accounts. :) I'm in a bit of a hurry so I won't comment this stuff further.

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#7]
- What about adding SetSkin() to gadgets? Should be simple to add, as it would basicly be Load9Image() if I read docs correctly.

- What about adding a SetBackgroundImage() for Panel and other gadgets with "empty background"?

- It would be cool if ListItem and Cell had properties for adjusting visual look.

- What about skins that are based on tiling instead of stretching?

3 of these features are now in the latest version of ifsoGUI.

1. Each gadget instance can load a different skin.
2. Panels have background images that can be tiled, stretched, centered, etc...
3. Not in yet.
4. Skins can be stretched or tiled now.