AnimImage 3.0

Community Forums/Showcase/AnimImage 3.0

Ked(Posted 2009) [#1]
DOWNLOAD
AnimImage3.0.zip Size: 292KB

Here is yet another AnimImage! This time it is a lot more elaborate, so it should easily do what you want. (Hopefully). License is included (don't worry, nothing serious).

AnimImage puts individual frames into one strip. You can then load it with LoadAnimImage().

Let me know what you think!

SCREENSHOT

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#2]
I *think* it's a tool to generate some sort of spritesheet? What does it actually do?

Ked(Posted 2009) [#3]
Yes, sorry. That's what it does. Forgot to mention.

AnimImage puts individual frames into one strip. You can then load it with LoadAnimImage().

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#4]
i like its simplicity and i may use this...any limit regarding number of frames?

Ked(Posted 2009) [#5]
i like its simplicity and i may use this...any limit regarding number of frames?

There shouldn't be! I may have to add a window to let you know it's still working if you have a lot of frames though! It might look like it locked up!

Gladclef - Ben B(Posted 2009) [#6]
Nice program. I hope to write something like this soon, but with the added ability of editing the frames in-program. However, I don't quite understand; how does the program render the different preview settings?

Ked(Posted 2009) [#7]
how does the program render the different preview settings?

With a Max2D canvas? You can also set the blend mode in the settings (SOLIDBLEND, ALPHABLEND, LIGHTBLEND, etc.).

Ked(Posted 2009) [#8]
...but with the added ability of editing the frames in-program.

That's not a bad idea... :)

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#9]
good app, thanks!

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#10]
the link has gone dead

Ked(Posted 2009) [#11]
Yeah, about that... :)

My computer blue-screened and I had to install Windows on it again... so, I kind of lost all of my source code.

I'm not sure if I'll be "remaking" it sometime soon (busy with school and stuff) so you might have to go without for a little bit. Sorry.

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#12]

therevills(Posted 2009) [#13]
My computer blue-screened and I had to install Windows on it again... so, I kind of lost all of my source code.

Gutted!!!!

You did know that you didnt need to format your hard drive again to install Windows?

For any one interested in a similar program I recommend GlueIt (http://sysimage.250free.com/), I had hopes that Ked's AnimImage 3.0 was going to replace this by adding some funky features....

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#14]
You did know that you didnt need to format your hard drive again to install Windows?

That depends on the version of windows that you have -- some (OEM?) do make it mandatory to format the HD and can't install on an existing file system. Really annoying. :-?

that said, even if windows won't boot there are still ways of getting your data off before a reformat, such as booting up with a LiveCD, or connecting the drive to a different computer first... Of course, that won't make a difference now anymore :-?

Ked(Posted 2009) [#15]

Yes, I know that.

I had hopes that Ked's AnimImage 3.0 was going to replace this by adding some funky features....

Just because I lost the source makes that impossible now? :)

that said, even if windows won't boot there are still ways of getting your data off before a reformat, such as booting up with a LiveCD, or connecting the drive to a different computer first... Of course, that won't make a difference now anymore :-?

Yeah, so I wouldn't post anymore suggestions. :)

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#16]
Just checking....

You do know that an animstrip doesnt just have to be one line of pictures?

as in it can be a square,
such as 5x4 pictures.

Ked(Posted 2009) [#17]
You do know that an animstrip doesnt just have to be one line of pictures?

I also know that. I just didn't implement it into AnimImage.