Little Space Duo

Community Forums/Showcase/Little Space Duo

Jur(Posted 2009) [#1]
Little space duo is a puzzle-based arcade game where the player guides an unusual pair of heroes, a little girl and a small robot on their way through a huge spaceship.
The PC Windows, Mac OS X and PC Linux versions are available at: http://www.jugilus.com

Bobysait(Posted 2009) [#2]
It' seems clean and very cute

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#3]
very crisp and smooth gameplay

only had a few minutes to try it...

ZJP(Posted 2009) [#4]
Beautiful ;)

JP

Loktar(Posted 2009) [#5]
This game should do well, looks fantastic.

Gladclef - Ben B(Posted 2009) [#6]
Loved it. Beautiful, like ZJP said.

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#7]
I tried the demo and found a bug. If you turn off one of those red things with the purple light (generator I think) then turn it back on then off again, the number at the top keeps going down every time you do it.

Jur(Posted 2009) [#8]
Thank you. I forgot to disable possibility to turn it on again. I am hunting the remaining bugs now. I am cautionaly optimistic that the nasty ones are exterminated but some stupid bugs are still there.

Thanks for kind words, people. This is quite a personal game - a kind of game I want to create and play.

Gladclef - Ben B(Posted 2009) [#9]
Don't know if it's a bug or not. When an elevator is moving, Sunny can go right through it without any collision detection.

Jur(Posted 2009) [#10]
That is by design. I have tried different ways of how Sunny interacts with moving lifts (like being pushed away). There were always problematic situations with collision approaches. The "problem" is that this game has no "death". What happens if you put Sunny into the lift station hole and lift comes? In many games that would be solved easily - he get killed. I designed this game to be without "deaths" so I had to take care of all these "dangerous" situations the best I could.

DavidDC(Posted 2009) [#11]
I love the visual style, it's very clean and soft on the eye. Congratulations to whoever your artist is.

Sung(Posted 2009) [#12]
WoW beautiful!

Chalky(Posted 2009) [#13]
Love the graphics style and gameplay. Did find the mouse control a bit irritating when trying to accurately position her in the middle of the lift so that it would always operate when I wanted it to. This is brilliant stuff - congratulations!

Blitzplotter(Posted 2009) [#14]
Verrry smooth looking, lots of codewize polish has been applied here. Great work !

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#15]
Jur,

Did you do the artwork for this? I guess I'm really asking who did lol

Jur(Posted 2009) [#16]
Chalky,
Yep, mouse controls are a bit harder at start. Still, that is my favorite method now. It works surprisingly well for a platform game - i guess this has something to do with the fact that there is no jumping or shooting.

DavidDC
Interesting. If there is one game which has some influence on my game, then that is one game mentioned on your site. I will leave it to you to find out which one (hint: aaaaaaaaaaarrrggh! ;)

_Skully,
Yep, one man band here (with the guest performance of space music maestro Imphenzia).

Jur

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#17]
You did a fantastic job on the graphics and the game! If I had money (for game dev) I'd get you to do some for my game... one man band here too.. not sure my graphics skills are near yours though!

Jur(Posted 2009) [#18]
Little Space Duo for Windows has been released!
The trial version has the same levels as the demo (sorry, I dont want to reveal the second gameplay mode in the trial version).

If you have used the "beta demo" and want to run the trial version then you MUST DELETE "data files" generated by the game! Just delete the entire Jugilus directory in the ProgramData directory. This must be done because i changed the format for stored data.

I must thanks all who helped with an advice when I had problems.
Special thanks to: GreyAlien for his framework, Oddball for his polygon collision functions, grable for his pakfile system, Blitz Research Ltd for making BlitzMax!!!

Imphenzia(Posted 2009) [#19]
Hi Jur,

Very happy to see the launch of your game and I hope it does very well. Congratulations for reaching release and your graphics is very good indeed :)

Jur(Posted 2009) [#20]
Mac and Linux versions are now available!

DavidDC(Posted 2009) [#21]
Just bought a copy - it was the IM feel that sold me. I particularly like how non-stressful "death" is in this game!