Xilvan Design games coming soon

Community Forums/Showcase/Xilvan Design games coming soon

Xilvan(Posted 2009) [#1]
After 4 years of existance in 3D, Xilvan Design is ready to launch his games. We are reviewing our games in every corner for the launch in September, it will be the ultimate attempt to sale the games we was always wanting to make.

Our games are now available in demo on our Official company website and old websites has been updated Official Xilvan Design gaming website

We are making games for fun and, so, all our games demos are huge enough to be callen "lite" versions. Further versions with more levels, functions and challenge are priced very low.

Here is a list of our game blogs where you will find the latest info and news about our games

Lights of Dreams official Blitz Basic Blog

Rediscover a unique game full of beauty, gameplay and challenges, incarn an angel to save the world !

Candy World : The Golden Bones official BlitzBasic.com Blog

Take your butterfly on your back and fly to Candy World, a world full of life, surprises and candies. Save this world for the unwelcomed visitors made by the infamous doctor Picpic.

Candy World : The Fate of Lillians Blog

Forget all you learned about 2D plateformers games and take a look at this game. Free Candy World once again and save the last owl !

JustLuke(Posted 2009) [#2]
You've told us about these games many, many times already. Please don't continually make new threads repeating the same information that you've told us about countless times before.

Xilvan(Posted 2009) [#3]
If you dont want me to spam forum dont reply...

I want people to learn more about where we going... For newcomers it could be handy to learn about real blitz games... My other topics are miles away, I have new content to present you !

Ked(Posted 2009) [#4]
If you dont want me to spam forum dont reply...

Kill me.

I want people to learn more about where we going... For newcomers it could be handy to learn about real blitz games... My other topics are miles away, I have new content to present you !

Here's the thing: We (a group of people of the Blitz Community) do not want you continuously advertising your "finished" projects like this in the BlitzBasic.com forum. Do this on your website. That's why you have it, right? When you want to show Blitz members some new stuff, then you are perfectly allowed to do so in the Blitz Showcase. Until then, simply leave your website URL in your signature. If anyone wants to see any of your projects (or ridiculous "updates") they can do so on your website.

Can we have a lock please?

Xilvan(Posted 2009) [#5]
Formally this is not a forum rule, so I can continue post like that, just like grey alien games... Remember grey alien Games post are always final versions of their space invanders game...

I have enough talked about forum rules on that topic...

Now lets start the true comments and, Ked, return to your tic tac toe :P

There must be a reason for you to be mad about me... I know it...

You cant support my success... Thats all...

Stop bribing me on other forums and be quiet

I was banned from blitz french forum cause they was mean and was picking on me... I tried to argue and get back to my peace but they banned me... I dont want to come back there cause they was unkindly

JustLuke(Posted 2009) [#6]
The thing is, your games never show any sort of progress or improvement and you always respond to kindly meant advice with tantrums, boasts, accusations and insults. It might be better to hold off making new threads until you genuinely have something new to show us, no? A few more collectables or "more of the same" levels doesn't equal "something new" in my opinion.

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#7]
Xylvan, this forum is supposed to be for work-in-progress on blitz related projects, and the anouncement of finished ones.
Finished products can get a mention... (Once).
They can also be submitted to the news board... (Once).
(Unless there is something helpful like a proper update/new version... or new game)

For newcomers it could be handy to learn about real blitz games...
Well put it in the official list of blitz games then, with all the other "real blitz games"!

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#8]
@Ked, do you read all posts on the forums? Otherwise what does it matter who posts what where?

It's not like people are forced to read everything around here...

At least Xylvan's posts are more "on-topic" than many threads, even if they are kind of recursive.

Programmers... feel the love :-)

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#9]
Normally I would agree with you, when Xilvan posted his WIP reports, some people were just mean and bang out of order many times.
Many of us stuck up for him.

Personally i dont care what people post as long as is somehow blitz related and in the right place. However, posting something like this (ie posting the same thing again and again, and its mostly advertising, rather than technical/progress reporting) obviously bothers others, he -knows- this and is almost as if he is asking to get flamed.
-(and probably will, watch this space once the trolls pick it up).

The problem is this. This 'flaming' is the kind of thing new users might see and be too afraid to post anything if they think that is how this forum treats it's members. So on that score i agree with brucey, but Xilvan needs to be aware, he needs to be more... -careful- what he posts because of past behaviour described by justluke above.

If Xylvan wants to post anything new then people will be more interested and less likely to troll his post.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#10]
new users might see and be too afraid to post anything if they think that is how this forum treats it's members.

Well, this is indeed how the forum treats its members. Otherwise we wouldn't be making points such as these...

alas.

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#11]
true. :/ (although almost asking for trouble is not helping either)

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#12]
I am not taking sides, but wasn't Xylvan officially told by a mod that he was not supposed to make posts about his games (especially in this forum area) without prior permission from said mod?

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#13]
The worklogs are here to show progress aren't they?

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#14]
yes but who normally catches up on those outside of the blogger?

Pete Carter(Posted 2009) [#15]
I suggest anyone who doesnt want Xylvan making endless posts about the same dog themed games, should not reply at all. this way his posts will soon be replaced by something people want to read.

The way I see it is that posting every time you add a model or few lines of code is not exceptable. its plugging your product which is not what the forums are for. As said above the showcase is a place for a release post or major updates.

Pete

Xilvan(Posted 2009) [#16]
I suggest letting Xilvan Design Subject alone

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#17]
simonh (Posted 10 months ago) #22

Agreed. this is begging to resemble spam now. In future Xylvan, please contact me before starting new threads on the Showcase forum.

Si.

http://blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=80195#905257

Many of us stuck up for him.

I still like his graphics and the games look good (although I prefer the 3d versions). I just don't want to see him get banned for posting when he was told not to.

Xilvan(Posted 2009) [#18]
I think they have to conclude that my topic are coherant and dont seems too repetitive. I'm always adding new elements to my topics.

I talked to Simonh and he wanted to wash me up... I dont think he's a good moderator. Just before I got rejected he was talking about childish babble or something... He's very enpatic with me, I think he doest like to be concurenced with my solid games.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2009) [#19]
You have a persecution complex, Xylvan. You need help.

Ked(Posted 2009) [#20]
@Ked, do you read all posts on the forums? Otherwise what does it matter who posts what where?

I'm not sure what you mean. I do not read every post on the forums. I read what's new and/or what catches my eye. It matters when it becomes spam and continues to come back like herpes! It dies down for a little bit, then flares right back up! :D

Pete Carter(Posted 2009) [#21]
to make your company website better you should get a good english speaking person to rewrite your text. your english is better than my french. im not insulting you.

for example

We provide beginning game developers with tools and tutorials which will help them improve on their skills of creating games.

This could be writen as

We privide game development tools and tutorials for begineers, Which will help them learn the skills required to create games.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#22]
or even...
We provide game development tools and tutorials for beginners, which will help them to learn the skills required to create games.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#23]
..LOL.. :)

Bobysait(Posted 2009) [#24]
I think he doest like to be concurenced with my solid games.

Of course :) what else ?! ...

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#25]
there should be a website called "we gimmie you da codes!!1"

MGE(Posted 2009) [#26]
As much as I love playing these awesome games, I agree that enough is enough. We all know more about this one developer than anyone else on the forum. Either we're witnessing the best example of viral marketing in a forum or we'll all just nuts to keep bumping his threads.

There I proved it....we're nuts.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2009) [#27]
I've finally cracked.... I want a Xylvan designs T-shirt and mug.

JA2(Posted 2009) [#28]
I want a Candy thong...

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2009) [#29]
Okay... you're scaring me now, JA2. I feel slightly sick.

How about some of those 'love hearts' sweets, with Xylvan phrases on them? 'I love my tupee','What will be the faith of the lillians?','10,000 bones... now that's gameplay','My hearth is in the right place'

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#30]
I want a Candy thong...

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#31]

LOL! XD

Come on guys ENOUGH already, ..before i guffaw myself to death!

Plus this Xylvan roasting is waaaaay out of order.

Either we're witnessing the best example of viral marketing in a forum or we'll all just nuts to keep bumping his threads.
I think you may be right....

L   OOOO CCCC K  K     IIIII TTTTT 
L   O  O C    K K        I     T
L   O  O C    KK         I     T
L   O  O C    K K        I     T
LLL OOOO CCCC K  K     IIIII   T     !!!!!!

KimoTech(Posted 2009) [#32]
Xylvian, all your games look like each other .. You post about them all the time like they are some games in progress, but you do only advertise for them. Try finding some new things to post about. I think people know your games now. Sorry, but they are not that good either.