Absolute Blue absolutly free! (Blitz3D Game)

Community Forums/Showcase/Absolute Blue absolutly free! (Blitz3D Game)

maverick69(Posted 2009) [#1]
We finally decided to offer the full version of our popular 2d shoot'em'up game Absolute Blue completly for free.

Feel free to download it at:

http://www.intermediaware.de/index.php?id=119

Feedback is always welcome ;)

I hope you'll enjoy our game.

System4 Studios(Posted 2009) [#2]
Downloading now.. :)

HNPhan(Posted 2009) [#3]
i get memory access error, im on Vista 64

Grey Alien(Posted 2009) [#4]
I remember this. It's cool. And made in Blitz Plus right?

_33(Posted 2009) [#5]
Wow nice!

QuickSilva(Posted 2009) [#6]
Great! Thanks. I`m pretty sure it Blitz 3D with those great explosions though. Nice game and good fun.

Jason.

maverick69(Posted 2009) [#7]
yes, it was made in blitz3d

@HNPhan: Do you have latest graphics driver? On some systems AB has problems with 32 Bit graphics mode, you can use the following workaround then:

Create a new empty file in the game directory (for example in: C:\Program Files\Absolute Blue) and name it 16bit.mode. This will force Absolute Blue to run in 16-BIT-Graphics Mode and the crashes should hopefully disappear.

LineOf7s(Posted 2009) [#8]
Very nice.

I was enjoying playing it with the mouse (don't have the control pad hooked up) and it worked great... except intermittently (every 4-5 seconds maybe?) it would instantly move my ship back to a x=0 position.

Was very annoying and rather unplayable. I switched to keyboard, but it wasn't quite the same, and I quit out after level 2 or so.

So yeah, mouse glitch. No-one's had this problem before?

A shame, as I was enjoying it quite a lot. It's very good for what it is. Well done, and thankyou.

Reactor(Posted 2009) [#9]
Create a new empty file in the game directory (for example in: C:\Program Files\Absolute Blue) and name it 16bit.mode. This will force Absolute Blue to run in 16-BIT-Graphics Mode and the crashes should hopefully disappear.

I'm under Vista32, and that didn't work. A memory access error after loading the main menu (or whatever it is that comes next) appears.

HNPhan(Posted 2009) [#10]
worked for me :D
very nice game!

maverick69(Posted 2009) [#11]
@Reactor:
Can you mail me the log file from the app dir? info - - A T - - intermediaware D O T de

Pete Carter(Posted 2009) [#12]
What made you give it away for free, do shoots not sell these days?

beanage(Posted 2009) [#13]
Looks like they are in game. liberation mood these days .. first "psychoballs", now "Absolute Blue" ..

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2009) [#14]
Any news on the Vista 32 bit error

Grey Alien(Posted 2009) [#15]
lol just realised I asked if it was in BlitzPlus when the thread title says Blitz3D. Great observational skills...

stayne(Posted 2009) [#16]
Broken link? Crap...I want this!

mtnhome3d(Posted 2009) [#17]
daggerfalls free now too. thanks for the game!!

Haddad(Posted 2009) [#18]
download link goes to 404 page?

maverick69(Posted 2009) [#19]
wheew - server problems. will fix it this evening. sorry!

fredborg(Posted 2009) [#20]
Doesn't work for me in Vista64 either. I get a memory access violation when the loadbar reaches the end.

maverick69(Posted 2009) [#21]
Hi there,

the server is back online again.

Regarding the Vista64 Problems. Its a very weird bug. I will have a look into it.

SabataRH(Posted 2009) [#22]
Excellent, thanks for the announcement. It reminded me of Cosmic Avenger on the ole' ColecoVision console system. The pre-rendered back drops are top-notch. Nice work.

PS: Crashed on vista64, all fixes attempted. Worked fine on Xp. You wouldn't happen to be be using Cleartexturefilters() would ya?

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2009) [#23]
Ehh Vista problem???