GFX Boost with L3DT and FastLibs

Community Forums/Showcase/GFX Boost with L3DT and FastLibs

Chroma(Posted 2009) [#1]
Two great libraries. They really raised the bar for the looks of my flight engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IhMD7rkSKQ

Snixx(Posted 2009) [#2]
I would ease up on the bloom big time. But appart from that its looking good.

Chroma(Posted 2009) [#3]
Haha yeah, I already took it out. It was fun but it was eating up too many cycles. Will probably put that as an option for the high end computer peeps.

Thanks for commenting on it though. It's got over 40 views and only one comment here. To be expected I guess...

_JIM(Posted 2009) [#4]
Bloom is probably the most overused effect of all times lol

If you considered it too slow to use that's ok, but if you ever decide to put it back on, reduce its intensity (a lot)

I would try DoF. Probably just as slow, but it looks a lot better IMO (if correctly adjusted).

Also, try to show the plane more. It's usually visible for about a second. I'd like to see it more, and not just "sky, dot, plane, dot, sky"

josk(Posted 2009) [#5]
As above about the bloom, but otherwise looks good.

You could have the camera rotate slowly around the plane at a set distance, this way you could view the terrain while keeping the plane in view and not just a dot.

Chroma(Posted 2009) [#6]
@_JIM: Hmm..how about when you look down into the cockpit the outer world does the DOF thing. That sounds great man thanks.

Yeah, I've quite a few more camera options to put into the game. One would be like you say but allow you to move the mouse to 'orbit' around the plane.