Soul Shooter Online

Community Forums/Showcase/Soul Shooter Online

System4 Studios(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hello! Over the years I have been kinda of lazy with my Soul Shooter Online and this time I have made my promise to continue my work on it. SSO is my first real Blitz3D project and just never had the time to work on it

Soul Shooter Online is a heavily modified version of the FPSNet Engine created by Jeremy Alessi and I would like to thank him for his wonderful framework. It allows me to add on to what the framework is lacking. Soul Shooter Online is based on a futuristic action type setting with a Quake 3 Arena feel to it. You are equipped with one gun called the "SoulGun" which enables you to perform multiple ablities

Features:
-SoulGun that allows you to cast Flamethrower, Spark, Deadly Gas(coming soon) and more to come soon.

-Crawl up walls to avoid your opponents blows.

- Warps to teleport to different areas of the map.. (Coming Soon)

- Ranking system (Coming Soon)

- Online Login System with Local Profile System (70% Complete)

- Xbox 360 Controller Support (Coming Soon)

-Using NetBlitz (UDP) to fully replace the original DirectPlay code used in FPSnet

and so much more to come.. I have a beta planned for August 1st. So if you interested, please join our community at www.sso.comxa.com

We will be transferring hosts next weekend, so I will be posting the new website link as well in this thread..

Screenshots:

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=susFW1b-uJs&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3WRjBgscrQ&feature=player_embedded

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#2]
Looks pretty cool. What were those squares coming off the side of your gun in the second video?

System4 Studios(Posted 2009) [#3]
Those are basically the hitboxes from the original FPSNet code.. I have remove those as of earlier this morning..

System4 Studios(Posted 2009) [#4]
Improved Version of the skill "Flamethrower"

Chroma(Posted 2009) [#5]
Heya system4, are those particles single surface? or are they just a pool that's reused?

System4 Studios(Posted 2009) [#6]
Single Surfaced..

Pete Carter(Posted 2009) [#7]
is it me or shouldnt the camera be a little higher feels like your very short.

SoggyP(Posted 2009) [#8]
Hello.

I thought that and then considered that maybe it was a really tall room :o)

Goodbye.

System4 Studios(Posted 2009) [#9]
@Pete- Yeah heh.. It's like a mini "you" hold a "big" gun.. I'll see if I can adjust it later.. haha..

System4 Studios(Posted 2009) [#10]
Main Menu Screen so far..

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#11]
The title text is difficult to read... red and blue rarely work well combined.

Maybe a nice image logo for your game would stand out better and give a better effect.

Chroma(Posted 2009) [#12]
Yep, not to mention the font looks like it's from a scrapbook. ><

Looks like you're making nice progress on this. Great work!

System4 Studios(Posted 2009) [#13]
Sorry guys.. I used Juicy Fonts for the font..

I will however change the color of the fonts to make it easier to read.

Thanks for the comments.. As I've said.. this is my first project.. despite the look of the game.. I'm still doing my best on this.. no matter what.. :)

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#14]
I think its great for a first project. Networked too, kudos for that.

System4 Studios(Posted 2009) [#15]
Thanks Sauer.. :)

I finally got some gameplay footage..

Beware of the buggy gameplay lol..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICwNKAhxxaM

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#16]
What sauer said :)

Keep going on it!

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#17]
Video looks cool, I think the flamethrower weapon needs work. I don't particularly like the sound, and, it seems to make an enormous amount of fire. I thought the background was exploding or something. I still don't like the squares either, but you mentioned something about that so I ignored it.

I like the sound a lot (other than the flame thrower) and it has that trippy feel to it (which I like).

Oh, and what was that green gas? It seemed like it was just too much... Just leave the environment simple.

Those are my opinions about it. Looks like fun!

System4 Studios(Posted 2009) [#18]
Thanks.. I will keep your thoughts in my mind and try to improve..

It's ok if you rip me apart.. I rather hear all the bad comments than good.. so I can look and see where I need to improve on.

The green gas is called "Deadly Gas" and it's one of the skills you can perform..

Yeah Soul Shooter is supposed to be a trippy game.. :) A gun with multiple abilities.. lolol

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#19]
Oh, I'm not trying to rip you apart, I just wanted to give some feedback to help you improve. You seem like the positive additude sort that thrives on constructive criticism.

And the Deadly Gas is a cool feature... could you make it hover around the ground more? (I don't know, I don't do 3D stuff)

MGE(Posted 2009) [#20]
Congrats on the code, the multiplayer goodies, etc. But...needs a graphics overhaul big time. ;)