TileMax

Community Forums/Showcase/TileMax

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#1]
Can someone please run this up and "File - Load" and let me know how it runs...if its slow can you please include your processor / video specs?

http://sites.google.com/site/skullyproductions/Home/TileMax.zip

{edit} This is the TileMap system redone in BlitzMax from Blitz3D... I did a total rewrite because of the advanced features of Max.

Thanks in advance.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#2]
Its only 721k... doesn't take long... love to know... Theres movement... 8)
Do I need to add explosions? LOL

Matty(Posted 2009) [#3]
Ran it on my work machine. Intel 3d gfx card, 2Ghz processor, plenty of RAM - ran fine 59fps consistently. Didn't test for long though.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#4]
Thanks Matty...still a little slower than I was expecting :(

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#5]
I'm thinking of changing the name of TileMax... since the current name came from "I just need a quick name"

I'm thinking...

VersaTile
InfanTile or
CrocoTile

Jur(Posted 2009) [#6]
This application caused the blue screen of death on my system (Vista 32).

Chalky(Posted 2009) [#7]
84/85 fps

CPU: Pentium 4, 2.8GHZ
RAM: 1GB
Graphics: nVidia 6600 GT

InvisibleKid(Posted 2009) [#8]
74 - 85

xp sp 3
amd 2200 xp+
1gb ram
nvidia geforce 7300 gt

Chroma(Posted 2009) [#9]
Hmmm:

SerpenTile
DynaTile
FastTile
SpeedTile

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#10]
This is weird...

I'm getting 175+ fps on my laptop but you guys are getting <100... still not horrible... were all the animations running smoothly?

Thanks for running it up :)

Pete Rigz(Posted 2009) [#11]
getting 550fps here, everything's nice and smooth. Resizing the window causes issues, looks like the drawing area isn't being stretched to fit the viewport size.

Specs: AMD x2 2.7ghz Vista, GeForce 8800gts

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#12]
Ya I noticed that there were issues with maximization, but I've been using my time to get the thing to this state... I should really start thinking about managing the window panels and what-not better...

All in good time...

Pete,
Does TimeLineFX have the ability to shift all effects by X,Y? thinking from a tilemap perspective, if the focus of the map moves the effects should follow the movement.