Latatoy simple race demo Download

Community Forums/Showcase/Latatoy simple race demo Download

Santiworld(Posted 2009) [#1]

Hi!...

i finished the first downloadable version of Latatoy simple race DEMO. To download, go to http://www.simplerace.com.ar

In this post I'd like if you could express your appreciation about the game, report the bugs each one will find, so I can have a history of events and based on that, fix them for the newer versions.

i desactive the libs fastext and fastimage and fastshadow to this demo.
need to work on that to reactive without crash the program.

List of bugs :

1. Sometimes, the cars bounces like crazy (don't know why)

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#2]
Downloading now...

By the way, just a minor thing: You may want to consider using .zip instead of .rar -- even though rar gets slightly better compression, zip support is built into windows, and doesn't need any 3rd party clients to extract the game. Not everyone may know how what to do with a rar file, while they can just double-click on a zip and it will work on any XP or Vista computer.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#3]
Um... Wow.

Spectacular crashing. :-?

First of all: Installer in Spanish/Portugese (?) no biggie, but you probably should have an English language installer available as well.

- When launching the game:main menu looks nice.
- Picked the 'quick race' option
- when the race track popped up, the camera was going completely crazy spinning around. Then all of a sudden the cars got launched extremely high straight into the air, and fell down again. the world kept spinning uncontrollably, other than the short time when the camera was looking at the cars launching themselves in the sky. (The cars jumped so high the camera almost couldn't see them anymore before they fell down again)
- I hit ESC to go back to the menu -- that worked, although there was no longer a car in the center of the circle (not sure if that was intentional or not)
- Tried to start another game. This time the camera stayed steady at first, but the cars were 'hobbling' and very unsteady bouncing around like they were driving on cobble stones. I was able to drive a carlength or two, when the screen started spinning around again instead of following the car, and the executable crashed (Windows vista 'application stopped responding' dialog box, with the 'wait' and 'close the program' options.)

Some info about my system:

- running windows Vista 64 , Servicepack 2
- Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
- 6GB RAM
- Game was installed to z:\games instead of the default folder
- ATI Radeon 4670
- Only mouse/keyboard connected, no joystick or other controllers present

And a final thought: 'simple race' does sound like a somewhat underwhelming name for a game like this... Of course you're are free to pick whatever name you want, but I have a feeling that you're hurting yourself a bit when it comes to trying to sell it, since a lot of your customers may skip over it because of the 'simple' -- flashy eyecandy helps sales, and purposefully calling it 'simple' insinuates the opposite of that. In my opinion you're selling yourself short with it.

Matty(Posted 2009) [#4]
I'll give it a try when a zip version is available for download. However from xlsior's comments it doesn't sound too stable.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#5]
Sounds like a physics engine timing issue. Have you tested this on any other computers? I'm downloading now... (Not the most obvious download link in the first mirror btw)

I always liked the look of this. Alot of work has been put into this media wise.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#6]
Ok, it played fine for me. Pretty slow, but i'm using an onboard graphics card here in work, so that's expected. I love the main menu screen. Lovely design. The cars were ok on this version. No jumping.

Perhaps the cars only jump on the faster computers. Maybe your giving the physics engine too much time on faster computers???

----------------------
Possible improvements:
----------------------

Better textures for the road part of the track. It looks pretty low res and stretched looking, even when your driving.

My engine disappeared, then reappeared randomly. (maybe the onboard graphics card though)

Create a better cursor for choosing options with. The square with a dot in the middle looks kinda rubbish :)

If i'm using the keyboard/joystick to control my car, why not use the keyboard/joystick to go through the menu's? When it asked me if i wanted to quit, i found myself pressing left and right arrows keys to try and choose YES or NO, only to use the mouse in desperation and find that cursor thing moving around :)

------------------------------
Things i liked about the game:
------------------------------

Great presentation. Lovely artwork and design there (expect the cursor)
The racing felt pretty good, so nice use of physics (i assume your using them)

The other cars seemed to race pretty well. Was too slow moving on this PC to really tell.

The track seemed to have quite a few, nice looking props (the trees looked a bit flimsy), but overall nice :)

-------------------------------
Things that i noticed the most:
-------------------------------

Definatly the Track textures low and stretched resolution, and the cursor.

Finally, good luck with this, it looks like a pretty decent racer and you look to have pushed blitz3d quite a bit with this :)

Geehawk(Posted 2009) [#7]
Downloaded ok. Reconfigured the graphics as I got an error trying to set the default. Could do with a bigger selection of graphics modes. My system (monitor 1440x900) can only manage one of the 4 available.

Menu system is nice but the music loop is very short and noticable when it repeats. Needs a smoother join.

Game played OK. I found the handling to be a bit lacking at speed, probably more a case of me needing to get used to it.
As mentioned the textures could do with sharpening up a bit. The stands especially could do with a few people rather than being empty.

Major problem I found was the lack of a map showing the circuit, or even any signs around the circuit showing what turns are coming. Led to more than the occasional crash!

Oh and it came to an abrupt end. Screen went black and got an error "Userlib not found". Hit enter and it quit.

Has great potential though, just needs a bit of tweaking.

Mark Judd(Posted 2009) [#8]
Just had a quick go on my work PC (specs. below) not had chance to push it fully (as Im supposed to be working!) but some early thoughts :-

- Game was stable for me, no crashes at any point.
- Liked the menu system, although I agree on Ross C's cursor comment.
- As the menu car appears, the wheels seem to become visible after the rest of the car (i.e. I had a car with no wheels for a second or two).
- Car movement was a little jumpy, but not prohibitive at all.
- I liked the skid marks and particle effects when cars collided.
- When the quick race I selected started my camera was pointing at the side of the car so I was not aware the other cars had moved off.
- I like the fact that the AI have accidents !
- The onscreen text during racing would benefit from being more polished - it looks like standard Blitz text ?

Overall I would say that the amount of work you've put into this shows, and with just a little more polish in a couple of areas I think it will be very good.
From personal experience you need to check the physics on as many different machines as possible (but thats why you've posted this isn't it ?).

Keep up the good work.

Mark

Work PC : P4 3.2 Ghz - 1.5Gb RAM - Geforce 7600GS - XP Pro SP2

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#9]
When uninstalling, I noticed a text file with crash info in the game folder. IN case it helps you, here it is:

__SEH__ 0xc0000005 at 0x100f5a32
CS :0x00000023 SS :0x0000002B DS :0x0000002B
ES :0x0000002B FS :0x00000053 GS :0x0000002B
EAX:0x00000013 EDX:0xFFFF8876 ECX:0x00009A00
ESP:0x04DBFF0C EBP:0x36B90000 EIP:0x100F5A32
ESI:0x074ECE36 EDI:0x024237C4
-- backtrace --
0x100f5a32:[Simple Race Demo 050.exe]:(001:000f4a32)
... opss, broken by SEH
--stack--
0x04dbff0c: 0x04dbff28 0x0245cfb8 0x10125334 0x100d1bf4
0x04dbff1c: 0x000020a0 0x00000004 0x00000000 0x04dbff4c
0x04dbff2c: 0x100d1c23 0x02423610 0x0245cfb8 0x00000400
0x04dbff3c: 0x00000000 0x02421910 0x02423610 0x0245cf98
0x04dbff4c: 0x00000002 0x100d2041 0x02423610 0x02423610
0x04dbff5c: 0x00000400 0x0245cf98 0x02426b38 0x10125334
0x04dbff6c: 0x100d20f2 0x00000400 0x00000400 0x1011ffdc
0x04dbff7c: 0x04dbff94 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000

MadJack(Posted 2009) [#10]
Well everything seemed fine until almost at the end of my first race when I got a 'user lib not found' error!

WinXP sp3, P4 2Ghz, ATI XD4850

GfK(Posted 2009) [#11]
The first link.... has no download link on it? It filled my screen with a million pop-ups.

The second one has reached its 10 download limit.

The third is downloading, but please get some proper hosting - I'd rather the first link had worked. If it hadn't been a racing game I wouldn't have bothered after that. These free hosting sites are a pain in the arse.

[edit] Well, had a go. Very disappointed as I had been looking forward to this.

1. I hated the combination of mouse/keyboard controls throughout. You should choose one control mechanism, and keep to it. I found myself moving the mouse, pressing cursor keys, pressing space etc trying to find out how to get through the options.

2. On the options screen I can't figure out how to select anything other than 'quick race'.

3. After I started a race, then went back to the options screen, the car had vanished.

4. Every time I go near the barriers, The game gets stuck like this:

5. The steering is far too heavy and unresponsive. This is why I generally ended up going into the barriers.

6. I would have liked to check out and comment on the artificial intelligence.... the thing is, after the race starts, the other cars buggered off at 800mph and I never saw them again.

I think its got potential to be very good but I also think it needs a hell of a lot of work to get rid of all the annoyances.

Warner(Posted 2009) [#12]
I downloaded the installer from the first link. The game didn't run with the default cfg. Try using GFXModeExists to check if the mode can be set, and if not, prompt the user to use the config tool, or run it for him.
The first time I chose 'Quick Race', I got a MAV. The second time it did run.
The game looks good. A lot of detail, controls worked good for me. I felt the scenery could be more diverse. Some of the texts were not easy to read, for instance when you enter the race, there is some text that could be a bit more clear. When the game was over, I think the engine sound should stop earlier.
I couldn't finish a lap, because I'm bad at playing games, so I can't confirm the end-of-lap bug.
I think it is great work. Btw, for hosting, I'm using http://www.000webhost.com/ It is a good host, depending on what you need offcourse.

Matthew Smith(Posted 2009) [#13]
No errors for me - running Seven RC. Quite impressive, braking could be a bit more responsive but good overall.

Your english spelling is a little rough (to be expected of course!), so get someone to give it the once over before releasing.

On the main menu, perhaps the cursor keys could be used to rotate the selector as well. Loved the crashes - driving the other way for head-ons, looks good - may want to consider how the driver gets back onto the road (if at all!!)

MGE(Posted 2009) [#14]
If the game seems to "drive" slower or faster from computer to computer then it looks like a physics timing problem for sure. If you're using a custom timer based on a "high resolution timer" that could be the prob. It's still not available on all machines and based on my research about this a few years ago, it can be unstable as well.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2009) [#15]
Dont get me wrong...I wouldnt put unfinishing game to sell unless you have sorted out all the bugs first!

puki(Posted 2009) [#16]
THIS IS BRILLIANT!!!

I love the way AI cars could make mistakes and spin off.

I love the configuration exe.

I think the car handling is fine, but I need to play it a bit more to gauge it.

It ran perfectly on my system. I wacked all the settings up and it ran fast, no problems at all (1680 x 1050). I also ran it at the lowest settins - everything fine.

I tried to test it by smashing into barriers and other cars but I didn't get any glitches.

"Latatoy" - you must understand that some of the issues that other people have found have may be to do with their system, not your game.

You only have to look at forums for commercial computer games to see this.

One thing that I noted was the pop-in of the distant graphics. You could use fogging to help alleviate that - or give an option to turn the distant fogging on/off.

The menu (with the car on the podium), I would have liked to have been able to turn that with the left/right cursor keys. So maybe default it to turning with either the mouse and/or the cursor keys.

I have to say, in all honesty, I haven't yet experienced any graphical glitches or problems with the game.

I think this could sell - it is pick up and play, not too complicated.

EDIT:
Oh (I forgot), the main flaw is when the race starts - the camera is not facing forward - you need to wait until the camera has spun to face forward before starting the race. At the moment you are starting the race whilst the camera is still pointing at the player car, which means the AI racers are pulling away if the player does not realise the race has started.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#17]
..it works just fine except i got userlib not found when I finished last lap (finish line)..

puki(Posted 2009) [#18]
Mmm, a couple of times now, the game has triggered a Windows 'OK button' alert pop-up saying 'Error! User Lib not found'. The game then promptly ends and I end up at desktop.

EDIT: Could will be what was reported above (when you get to the race line).

Also, with high speed crashes, you can end up outside of the race track perimeter wall - ie driving around in amongst the scenery (which is fun) - you need to set the player back on the track.

I am still not sure about the handling. I sometimes think I am going slower than I was before. Also, sometimes an AI car seems to take a corner faster than is possible by the player; however it is not a constant thing - most of the time I find the AI drives around corners within the capabilities of a player.

EDIT:
How are you putting text on the HUD?

Santiworld(Posted 2009) [#19]
hello people..!.. thanks for download...

again, i say, thanks for the help, i recive a big learning in this forum...

now, i reading all post to prepared the new demo version relase, with all this problem fixed, (the critical ones)..

i am making the bug list too, someone play with joystick or wheels?

need to resolve how go to work with the menu keys and mouse...

thanks, all information is very usefull!...

about the library, maybe is becouse i remove all libs of fastext, becouse give me some problems with MAV... i need to check if there is a line calling a missing lib...

is a shame, the shadows are removed too, the trees project shadows over the tracks, and buildings too, is more nices with fast effects... glow, montion, shadows..

the IA, i set it in difficult high, the ia cars have a little more power, becouse the ia is not to much smart...
i made a balance within ia and human intelligence...
is difficult win, becouse i don't won a easy game, if allways win, is boring...

i need back to work now.. thanks people, i back in a few hours to work in the game and fix all problems i can...

dome answers..

Tacomether : 3d mesh, with texture, gauge is 3d.
the track is temporary, made for the demo version, i working in teh track editor for full version.

Some KEYS:
c : cameras
v : see other cars
TAB : switch world menu to car menu (only in main menu) demo menu

need to work now, thanks people for playit and download.. the comments is a big tool to me, to fix and go foward with the game...

thanks!

Geehawk(Posted 2009) [#20]
Gave it another go with keyboard rather than joystick this time.
Found the control much easier with keyboard, although still a bit too unresponsive at speed.

If it had not crashed at the end of the race I would have placed 3rd 8-)

Reminds me a lot of the original version of Screamer. Loved that game.

Adam Novagen(Posted 2009) [#21]
Okay. I like this a lot, and I think it has a LOT of potential. Just for starters, it's graphically beautiful.

That said, I think there are a lot of issues to be fixed before it's market-ready. Here are some of the ones I found by playing a race:

- MAJOR BUG: When I finished the race - in 6th place - the game crashed. Completely. The error message said "Userlib not found."

- The car steers like a tank. Literally. The steering is way too unresponsive, until the car hits something, at which point, "FWING," it spins as though it's on ice.

- The camera needs to be behind the player BEFORE the race starts, not after. My suggestion: after a brief "into" period of the camera turning around the player, center it behind the player & use an onscreen "3...2...1... GO!" counter.

- The main menu's cursor needs to be more obvious, perhaps with an image of some kind. And never, NEVER let your game start with the cursor in the top-right corner. Just use MoveMouse GraphicsWidth() / 2,GraphicsHeight() / 2 to solve that issue.

- This is probably more an issue with my computer, but you should still hear about it. These are my system specs:

2 P4's at 3GHz
1 GB DDR RAM
ATI Radeon X300 SE 128MB DDR, PCI-E

Generally, the game ran at 45 FPS or higher. However, every time there were any dust clouds onscreen, the framerate immediately dropped to 15 or less. A subtle effect like dust shouldn't cause such a major frame loss; you should look into it.

With all that said, I must reiterate that I love the concept of this game. Love it. Your menu is gorgeous, and so are the levels. I also think you were very clever in your use of textures; the way you "stretched" the texture on the road makes it feel like you're going much faster than you actually are. I really want to see this project finished! :D

Stevie G(Posted 2009) [#22]
I get a MAV as soon as I run the exe?

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#23]
Like everyone else I get userlib not found when I complete the race.

The textures on the road need some work, and the billboard trees are pretty low res too. The sides of them have a solid black line running up and down indicating a masking problem.

Overall I think its really good, and im looking forward to the next revision.

Santiworld(Posted 2009) [#24]
thanks for the advices!!, now i see, why is so dificult make games :p

stevie g, can fix the MAV error?, why the other people not have that mav?,
what system you have? windows? what can be?

i fixed the problem with download mirrors...

now i'm trying to fix the major bugs...

the textures, tracks and all media, including the ugly text i have now, is the part more critical for me, i am a good 3d modeler, but no 2d :)
i going to work on that...

we recently recive the licence of FRAPS, now i can place some videos of the game...

someone play in split mode?

now i have the same bug of lib, fixing that...

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#25]
I would look to the physics engine for the car problems. I don't think it is different hardware that is causing the problem directly. Maybe your timing in your physics engine to too frequent in the higher spec machines?

puki(Posted 2009) [#26]
Put it on Steam when it is finished. Eschalon: Book I is on Steam.

Santiworld(Posted 2009) [#27]
hi...

i noted the lib missing is the file in the game directory :
Fastimage.dll 47kB
i don't know why call to this file maybe i forgete delete one line.

about the bounces...

i have 3 computers to test, a poor laptop, a normal pc, and a super pc :p

in all computers, the problem is the same...
if i put 40 cars, i have more chances to this strange bounce apeears.

more cars, more reason to fail
the computers seams to no be the problem...

the game update each 60 fps
the renders adjust to the pc, going from 2 fps to 300 fps

the physics steps, updateworld and other issues, stay between 58 and 62 frames per second..

the fps apeears in the right booton corner, is the renders fps..

about the bounces, i thing Vip3r going to help me becouse he know a lot of jv-ode..

there is a big chance that the problem is in how i used the ode code

another question :

i can put the fastimage.dll and others .dll files witouth licences problems in the root directory game?

regars..

thanks for the comments...

puki(Posted 2009) [#28]
Yes, the licence allows you to distribute the FastLib .dlls with your game. Provided the application is distributed with the following sub-license:
"The file FastImage.dll (or FastImageSdk.dll) included in this application is copyright Vostrikov Mikhail (MixailV [monster-sage@...]) and may not be redistributed by any means without the prior permission of Vostrikov Mikhail."

Obviously, adjust this depending on the FastLibs used.

puki(Posted 2009) [#29]
Hey, if you have the FastExtension lib too - you can enable anaglyph 3D for your game.

Stevie G(Posted 2009) [#30]

stevie g, can fix the MAV error?, why the other people not have that mav?,
what system you have? windows? what can be?

Core 2 Duo 3.0ghz, Win XP Pro, 2gb Ram, Gf8600gt.

No idea, the default resolution of 640x480x16 works fine on this machine. Which physics engine are you using? Does it require that I have something pre-installed.

Stevie

Santiworld(Posted 2009) [#31]
physic engine JV Ode

and speed text lib, is free...

:( in the other resolution and configurations have the same problem?

the music start? or any image is load?

Ferret(Posted 2009) [#32]
Your first project in blitz, thats amazing.
I almost drooled on mi keyboard when viewing the menu screens :p

johnnyfreak(Posted 2009) [#33]
i couldn't download your demo. Check if your link is broken, i'd like to play latoy simple race

Santiworld(Posted 2009) [#34]
i tried to make other games with blitz, without any experiencie of blitzbasic. failed in all...
a spaceship game
a fishing ship game
a tank game...
this video shows the games that i never finished
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj0VWB7f7MA&feature=channel_page

i learned in the last month, for example, something called "FUNCTION ()" :p
never in the past i used functions, 2 mounth ago, i restart programing this game, from zero.

i learned to use blitzbasic in this forum, with all the advices and questions and answers that i received..

johnyfreak, the link works to me, maybe you have something blocked in the explorer?, i will try to upload another mirrors

stevie, i'm going to release the new version, with a log.txt to check where the program fails...
can be something with molebox exe?
anyone have the same MAV on the game start?

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#35]
When you pause the game, then click 'No' to return to the game, it, erm, pardon the pun, crashed!

:)

Dabz

puki(Posted 2009) [#36]
failed in all...

Yeh, but they are hardly turkeys.

matibee(Posted 2009) [#37]
Is this game wrapped with molebox or something similar? My cheap-ass antivirus reports it as being infected with a trojan (as it does with all molebox apps).

JoshK(Posted 2009) [#38]
Please stop using spam sites to host your files.

Santiworld(Posted 2009) [#39]
matibee : i use molebox. the antivirus avira says something like that... is the same you have?

leadwerks :
Please stop using spam sites to host your files.

you mean megaupload ?

Santiworld(Posted 2009) [#40]
puki

Hey, if you have the FastExtension lib too - you can enable anaglyph 3D for your game.

what is anaglyph???

Jur(Posted 2009) [#41]
Alvira Antivir reports a trojan in files. I am sure this is a false positive because Antivir is known to be a paranoid antivirus.

puki(Posted 2009) [#42]
Could be triggered by the .b3d extension - we get that quite a bit.

beanage(Posted 2009) [#43]
I also get the antivir trojan report trying to install.

Santiworld(Posted 2009) [#44]
what is anaglyph 3D?

Groza_BOTov(Posted 2009) [#45]
Great work. I really like it

May I comment and show a couple of bugs for you to fix, which wasn't mention before.

About joysticks and wheels. It works OK for a simple game pad, although using one thumb for steering and accelerate/break is a bit of a stretch, wheel didn't work by default because most wheels use "Z" and "R" axis for accelerate/break and don't have "Y" axis, unless player specially combine axis (Logitech wheels can do this). Anyway, it will be good to have some sort of joystick setup menu. And it is sad there is no FFB. :(

There is one very disturbing bug. If a player, instead of 'racing', just drive back a bit and when he/she clears pit stop entrance and then move forward, then "Ta-da!" player finish first lap. It seems to me that there is some sort of "check point" near pit stop entrance. I think, you need more than one check points, else you will have whole lot of cheaters.

I think rest of the easy-to-catch bugs with a camera, disappearing engines and wheels, particles causing fps drop you can easily fix and we will play a very good game.

Keep it up!

BTW anaglyph 3D is when you need to wear different color glasses to view what is on the screen.

puki(Posted 2009) [#46]
what is anaglyph 3D?

With FastExtension, you can make your game compatible with 3D red/cyan 3D glasses - so you can play the game in real 3D.

Chalky(Posted 2009) [#47]
I get a MAV as soon as I run the exe?

Me too - though my system is pretty old... :o(

Santiworld(Posted 2009) [#48]
hi...

Wow, is good to know about 3d glasses...

Groza_BOTov, thanks for the comment, i made a list of bugs and thing to change and fix... like 40 items in the list...

about the sprites, to many people have problems with that..
if you reduce in the graphic config fix that in your pc?

Chalky, what system you have?, i need to know, if this is a problem of my game code... you have the same problems with other blitz aplications?

regards...

Chalky(Posted 2009) [#49]
Pentium 4 2.8ghz, Win XP Home (SP3), 1gb Ram, NVidia GeForce 6600 GT (hehe - told you it was old...)

Your configuration program runs fine. The game seems to start, as the screen goes fullscreen (black), pauses for about a second, then MAVs and returns to the desktop. I haven't had any problems with other blitz apps.

Santiworld(Posted 2009) [#50]
thanks, i go to work to fix that..

i run the game in a 900 mhz computer, using a old graphic 3d..
windows xp... with 256 mb of mem..

the game, start, very slow, but don't have MAV..

i need to find the answerd of that MAV..

thanks Chalky

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2009) [#51]
Great looking and feeling game,

I don't know if others have mentioned these: (as I didn't read through this entire post, just saw this today)

- Just before you're about to begin the race, you are allowed to go backwards (press down arrow), you can actually drive backwards and steer around to get a good lead before the race starts, going backwards should obviously not be allowed. And doing this I ended up starting in lap -1, but it got reset to 0 after a short while.

- I drove into a barrier at very high speed, and I ended up below the track, and gravity just pulled me faster and faster down to infinity, my speed reached more than 2000 mph :-)

- When you press esc and pause the game, and then click no to resume the game the game timing seems to jump, it needs to be reset so that game doesn't think that time has elapsed this much.

That was just what I just found trying it out, keep up the good work :)

Digital Anime(Posted 2009) [#52]
..it works just fine except i got userlib not found when I finished last lap (finish line)..

Same here, so still not fixed.

The Menu and the car itself looks good, I like that you can see the engine move a bit.

But the track looks very boring indeed.

Personally I didn't like the the feeling on how the car steered, needed to almost get to a halt before I could get through some corners.

The setup was in French only, if you want to spread your game over the world I would advice to add english as well as the standard setup language and French and any other language as the next options.

But if you can get rid of those little buggers and upgrade the tracks graphics with hints others gave above you could make a great racing game.

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#53]
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but you should add a feature that tells you when you are going the wrong way because when you hit a wall and start turning out of control, sometimes I didn't know which way I was facing.

Marchesi(Posted 2009) [#54]
Problems...

The demo don't play in my computer "Unable to set graphics mode". My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster t190 and acept:

1440 x 900
1360 x 768
1280 x 768
1280 x 720
1152 x 864
1024 x 768
800 x 600

Today, companies have set up monitors with screen sizes out of old patterns.

It would be a good idea at the beginning of the game display a setup screen of the game in window mode, with small format.

Thus, users can choose a method of execution that operates on all monitors.

bye!

Santiworld(Posted 2009) [#55]
hi, thanks to all for comments and all info...

i made a new setup for my games, i go to posted in the web soon.

the game runs in 800x600, 640x480 640x400 1024x768

why donsen't run in your computer?

what video var you have?

at the moment, i stop the project becouse have to many MAVs after compile the game.exe, so, the game dosen't work right now with the new upgrates...

Marchesi(Posted 2009) [#56]
My video is ATI 9600 PRO

Maybe when it starts to run turn into a format not accepted. When starting to run, is in window mode?

I handle this kind of problem running the first time in window mode.