Deferred rendering in BMax/B3D

Community Forums/Showcase/Deferred rendering in BMax/B3D

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#1]
..I dont know have you try it yet, but its really working nice, Xors3D fellas really pushing this thing forward..very nice....I guess Puki will enjoy his favorite sausage B3D more than ever :)

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#2]
What is deferred rendering? Looked up a few sources, that were a little over my head...

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#3]
..here ya go :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_shading

puki(Posted 2009) [#4]
Hand it over!

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#5]
There's a light outline around the objects, where they meet with their shadow. Is that really supposed to be there?

Flemmonk(Posted 2009) [#6]
I can see lots of things wrong with that screenshot, for one there is a black tear from the first teapot on the left to the vehicle.

Second theres a second white light as indicated by the spot on the ground right of the car (not the car's right side) which should be adding a second shadow to the vehicle but its not, and the shadow on the ground is too dark for the car with the combination of the 2 lights.

_33(Posted 2009) [#7]
The image shows 17 fps ! Is it really that slow?

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#8]
That is 47, not 17.

_33(Posted 2009) [#9]
TaskMaster you're right, sorry it's 47 fps. Still, shows a low framerate.

Matty(Posted 2009) [#10]
Although it shows 47 we don't really know what hardware it is running on. If it showed 47fps on a Geforce2MX then for that scene it's pretty good...looks neat ... so what sort of system is that running on then?

JoshK(Posted 2009) [#11]
That's rendered on an ATI card, isn't it?

MadJack(Posted 2009) [#12]
I get about 130fps running at 800x600 windowed - PC 3Ghz, ATI4850, 512mb.