Cave Heroes - A H.E.R.O. Remake

Community Forums/Showcase/Cave Heroes - A H.E.R.O. Remake

Space Fractal(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi anyone.

I have just released a remake of one of my favorite game, which can been fairly played on a so called arcade cabinet. :D which some have.

Instead write the document many times (due I release it so a least 3 forums), more info is at:
http://www.spacefractal.com/index.php?id=Cave_Heroes

Both retro and modne version of graphics is included and BlitzMax source code included.

ps. sorry for the remark spelling, why can't I not change the subject?

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2009) [#2]
Link does not work for me!

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#3]
link works here

edit: the game doesnt work. I get the error, game does not support 720 by 480

Space Fractal(Posted 2009) [#4]
I have just updated.

720x480 should now been supported in version E. If you allreay have it, redownload it again. It was a unknown screensize format in the code.

The links should now works, which is due I have updated it.

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#5]
ok works fine now!

I love this kind of game... I always thought caving games are fun but never got around to making one.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#6]
I was thinking of making this style of game after the one I am working on now. I cant recall the game I used to play that was in a cave but it was on an apple IIe... and you had to shoot fuel tanks and things to get through. The dynamic-tile map engine I have going now allows for dynamic drawing (or destruction) to the tiles so think it would lend itself well to this type of game

Space Fractal(Posted 2009) [#7]
:-D, howover crushing walls diddent work as it should in later levels, which is now fixed.

This game is not a tiled based game, howover it could been that for smart destruction, but in this game it really not needed in a simple game like this.

John Cage(Posted 2009) [#8]
I love the H.E.R.O. original grafix and feel!

___

SLotman(Posted 2009) [#9]
You guys should try the MSX version of H.E.R.O. - much better graphics than the Atari original, and also made by Activision!

Maybe you could get some ideas to improve the wall graphics from this version ;)

Space Fractal(Posted 2009) [#10]
I have seen many versions, including a very unknown sms version (which do have some serious design flaw).

C64 version also look quite as good like the MSX. Even graphics is better in these versions (Atari in mind here).

I have allways personly prefer the Atart 2600 version, simply because it was that version I got as original and the control was a bit heavy here too. Yes the graphics is much simply than others, but the game works very awesome and none flicky. I also have the original of the game too that time.

Hence it was Atari graphics I used for the retro graphics (howover I did need to change the status a bit, due deficent screensizes). This one need I got detail texures working (a extra layer.

Wiebo(Posted 2009) [#11]
I used to play the c64 version all the time. I was able to keep playing until the score counter reset... The game was not getting harder after a certain level. One of my all time favorites.