Take a look with 3D glasses

Community Forums/Showcase/Take a look with 3D glasses

Mike0101(Posted 2009) [#1]
This is a real-time render picture from my project

puki(Posted 2009) [#2]
Cor!!!

That works very, very well. Very 3D.

The man looks like he is leaning backwards though (to the point of falling over).

Any chance you can include naked, big-breasted, elf-girls?

nawi(Posted 2009) [#3]
Do you simple take 2 renderings (from the location of each eye basically), and impose them together?

Mike0101(Posted 2009) [#4]
First a normal render then a red color filter render with left shifted camera then a blue color filter render with right shifted camera. Fast enough and really 3d feeling in real time.

puki(Posted 2009) [#5]
Mother says you should post a video of it.

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#6]
thats awesome. are you using b3d or bmax3d?

BlitzSupport(Posted 2009) [#7]
They work very well indeed here, especially the first one. (Yes, I am dorky enough to have several pairs of red/blue glasses.)

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#8]
looks like you have the seperation pretty well tuned in, love it.

amonite(Posted 2009) [#9]
Works well here too.

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#10]
The one in the archives doesnt seem to look as nice as yours. Are you using fastimage or fastextention libs ?

ZJP(Posted 2009) [#11]
Anaglyph with FastExt: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=84519#955159

JP

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#12]
They work very well indeed here, especially the first one. (Yes, I am dorky enough to have several pairs of red/blue glasses.)

To me the second one looks much better -- in the first one I see massive color displacement around the person, in the second one everything fits together perfectly

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#13]
ZJP, I didnt see that post, thanks. Now if it only worked with rendertweening.

Mike0101(Posted 2009) [#14]
I'm using fastex and fastimage too. With Blizt3d obviously.
On the next week I will create 2 movies from my project with and without 3d glasses. This 3d glasses version is a funny thing but nothing serious.
Pherhaps is good for a slogan for release: "The first real 3D game ever" :)

this a code part of my main render cycle

Repeat
       FrameElapsed = MilliSecs () - FrameTime
    Until FrameElapsed
    FrameTicks = FrameElapsed / FramePeriod
    FrameTween# = Float(FrameElapsed Mod FramePeriod) / Float(FramePeriod)
    If FrameTicks>7 Then FrameTicks=7:frametime=MilliSecs() 
     	For FrameLimit = 1 To FrameTicks
              Update_Game()
              UpdateWorld 
              If FrameLimit = FrameTicks Then	CaptureWorld
              FrameTime = FrameTime + FramePeriod
        Next
    RenderWorld FrameTween#
    If kep3d=1 Then
        render3d(0.2)
     Else
        renderNot3D()
    EndIf
    Flip 0

Function render3D(sh#)
        ColorFilter 1, 1, 0, 0
	CameraClsMode mainCamera, 1, 1
 	RenderWorld					
	MoveEntity mainCamera, sh, 0, 0	
	ColorFilter 0, 1, 0, 0
	CameraClsMode mainCamera, 0, 1
	RenderWorld		
	MoveEntity mainCamera, -sh, 0, 0
End Function

Function renderNot3D()
    ColorFilter 1, 1, 1, 0
    CameraClsMode mainCamera, 1, 1
End Function

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#15]
sweet, thanks.. already put it in place.

that second shot , may be hard to know what it is.. so ill tell you. Its a shot of an incomming bullet.

Thanks again.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#16]
RifRaf: Is that supposed to be red-green or red-blue? I tried both pairs of glasses, and it doesn't look right in either. Perhaps the horizontal spacing is off between the renders?

MGE(Posted 2009) [#17]
"The first real 3D game ever"

Take a look here. Very cool. :)

http://www.hsretrogames.com/

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#18]
red/blue I used a pair from the old Spy kids 3D movie. Exact same color filters and spacing as used in The pics up top.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2009) [#19]
Yeah there are many variations on the colour of 3D glasses. You have to keep collecting until you get the right ones!

@Mike- Have you tried getting away with losing the middle image? I would imagine you could get away with just two images, one for each eye.

puki(Posted 2009) [#20]
The middle image contains the colour - the others are just filtered versions that won't have many other colours.

I'm wondering whether it is better to add the colour filters to the edges of objects (ie as part of the mesh) rather than using camera filters. This would speed up rendering. EDIT: that idea doesn't work efficiently as you have to re-balance the 'built-in' filters based on where the object faces.

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#21]
John, you are right. But im going to add a filter calibrator with tiny tanks, that will allow you to put on your glasses close your right eye and click on the color spot that dissapears the most in the red range, and vice versa for blue.. So you could easily use any red/blue red/cyan glasses and they will work, even home made ones. Have to say thanks again to Mike, I hadnt thought of this, but its a very neat novelty option to include in games.

puki(Posted 2009) [#22]
If you want to blow your mind then try a CameraZoom of less than 1.

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#23]
"red/blue I used a pair from the old Spy kids 3D movie."
LOL!!!!! I'm checkin out those pics with the same 3D glasses! The right ear piece is missing so i have to hold it up with my hands though.

puki(Posted 2009) [#24]
The red/blue(cyan) ones are much, much better than the red/green ones.

The 3D effect remains the same, but the red/blue(cyan) glasses, give better colour quality - the image is closer to the original and is nice and bright. The red/green glasses have a more dramatic effect on the colours and they darken the image.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2009) [#25]
Right, need to find out our 3d glasses from the spy kids movie too.....

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#26]
Party favor stores ususally have 3D glasses. There are lots of places to order them online too.

puki(Posted 2009) [#27]
Personally, I can't see me ever programming in Blitz3D without doing it in real 3D.

The difference is amazing - it is far more immersive and everything looks so plain and ordinary when you deactivate the real 3D.

I am seeing so much detail on meshes that you cannot visualise normally.

In fact, everyone must now code real 3D into their games - it is the new law.

It is so very easy to do with FastExtension, that there is absolutely no reason not to do it; especially as it is so easy to toggle on and off.

puki(Posted 2009) [#28]
I just ordered a pair of these:

£4.49 - Free Delivery; however, not due for release until 5th June.

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/9565092/3D-Glasses/Product.html

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#29]
I figured out how to avoid using fast extension and still get the same effect with decent speed.

the code is a bit more complex but it can still easily be worked into any game not 3d already if you know what to do.