Verlet Max Beta Release

Community Forums/Showcase/Verlet Max Beta Release

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#1]

Ok so after a little thinking, I decided to release the Verlet Max Beta Demo Source code along with 2 examples and some documentation. This is a very watered down version of Verlet Max in its current stage. I took all of the optimizing, shifted grid, and stabilizing algorithms out because none of them are completely finished yet. So here you have the core and the most basic features Verlet Max offers.

http://naillproductions.synthasite.com/resources/Verlet%20Max%20Beta%20Demo.zip

I know the coding is messy and unorganized at the moment. Uppon final release, it will be very organized and well commented but for now it is just a beta and a demo.

If you make any cool apps or games then please email me. I am interested in what people can do with just the core of verlet max for now! I can't wait to finish this so it will almost certainly be finished by the end of the summer.

For anyone who wants to contribute you can do any of the following and you will get full credit for it:

if you make a change to the source that you believe is useful then just email me about it

if you make a cool example or a simple game example and wish to release the source then email me and I will be happy to include it and give you credit

also email me any suggestions you have for features or bug fixes

edit: I forgot to say a huge thanks to Stevie G and Pongo for teaching me about the verlet system on the b3d forums! Without you two helping me and explaining things, I never would have grasped the concept of the blitz-modified verlet system. Thank You.

edit2: Jeremy Paxman has also supported me and been one of the first to reply to almost every one of my posts. :-) thanks for the support!

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#2]
thanks downloading now

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#3]
No prob. So a list of improvements I know I have to make.

Make the full screen scale and move more manageable
add full screen rotation
Add optional verlet-constraint collisions
allow infinitely small verlets
Get more examples
Create Physics Events and collision zones/id's
Add a timestep possibly? although I cant seem to grasp why anyone would need this with all of the options. If there is enough demand, I will experiment with this.
Tilemap collisions (a possiblility?)

A list of things that will not be included in the full version that have failed:

Threading... I cant get it to work no matter how hard I try. It just doesnt like me and I dont like it. period
Stabilizing routines I have tried and have failed again but who knows maybe ill find one that works

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#4]
I got an error with the first example:
Function UpdateVerletPolysegCollisions()

Local cnt:Int = 0
Local v:verlet

For cnt = 0 To Verlcount
	V:verlet = Verletarray:Verlet[cnt]
	If V.active = True Then

v=null

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#5]
uh oh... what?

hmmm I got to change that..

does the second example work?

edit: fixed
I just forgot a -1 after verlcount :)