BlitzPuzzle

Community Forums/Showcase/BlitzPuzzle

BlitzMoritz(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hello!

Here's a screenshot of the menu of my game for all, who are interested in realistic puzzle-games.

You can drag & drop the pieces. And you can rotate them with the mousewheel, the right mousebutton or the left mousebutton while pressing control.
The count of pieces is from 4 to 100, as you like.
You can select one of 32 prepared nice images or load another image of your own.
Unfinished puzzles can be saved and opened.
And you can change the window size as well.

Downloads (each 7,6 MB):

BlitzPuzzle for Windows DirectX7

BlitzPuzzle for Windows OpenGL

BlitzPuzzle for Mac OSX

BlitzPuzzle for Linux

I hope, you'll enjoy it!

BlitzMoritz

Warpy(Posted 2009) [#2]
Very very nice!

Apart from the poor English, which is understandable, very well done indeed.

I would suggest that instead of rotating a piece around the nearest vertex, as it seems to be doing, rotate it around the farthest one, so that small mouse movements don't turn the piece around 180 degrees.

Chalky(Posted 2009) [#3]
This is very good - I particularly like the Mac-style interface with mouse-hover-zoom effect.

I would prefer when pieces join together that only the piece under the mouse "snaps" into position. Also I couldn't find a way to bring a piece "to the top"? Quite often selected pieces are obscured by others - even when dragged. It would also be nice to be able to change the colour of the background (the current is very dark and can make identifying dark pieces very difficult).

Very slick - well done.

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#4]
wow thats very fun! I love puzzles. I agree with Chalky in that I love the mac-like gui but the only thing I am going to nit pick about is the congragulations circle. Perhaps it would look better if it was anti-aliased? The edges just seemed to pop out a little too much.

BlitzMoritz(Posted 2009) [#5]
Thank you very much, I'm glad to read, that you have some fun with my puzzles.

@Warpy:
- Sorry for my "poor" English as you wrote. I'm going to fix this problem in a corrected version. Please wait a little...
- Every piece is mid-handled as you can see when you are rotating it. It's ok in my opinion. Maybe it's an agreement for you, if you rotate the pieces with the Mousewheel.

@Chalky:
- ("I would prefer when pieces join together that only the piece under the mouse "snaps" into position") I just decided on the opposite! It looks much better, if the big combination of many pieces keeps on its position, even if it's the last piece you add. Otherwise the whole image would rotate without intention.
- ("I couldn't find a way to bring a piece "to the top") I'm conscious of this problem, but think about: if a dragged big combination of many pieces switches on top, it would cover and hide all the other single pieces, so you couldn't see them. I tried other solutions as transparency e.g. but they all looked ugly.

@Nate the Great:
("Perhaps it would look better if the congratulations-circle was anti-aliased OK, I see, I'm going to make the borders "smoothy"

Greetings
BlitzMoritz

P.S.:
The server-problems are fixed: Now the versions for Mac and Linux are available.

jsp(Posted 2009) [#6]
Hey, a nice one. I liked the snap and the menu, very good.
A small overview of the hole picture when doing a more difficult one would be nice, instead of going back to the main page, or did i overlooked something?

BlitzMoritz(Posted 2009) [#7]
Hi, friends!
An important Update is available!
1.) The text is corrected, "my English" should be better now (I hope so)
2.) I made a new oval-background of the "Congratulations", it's now anti-aliased.
3.) If a piece is single, it comes to the top, when you select it. But if the piece is connected with other pieces, it will stay behind. I hope, you agree with this compromise.
BlitzMoritz