Ragdoll physics demo. Please try

Community Forums/Showcase/Ragdoll physics demo. Please try

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi,

I made a physics engine and now I need to do some testing just to see how well some portions of it do on other computers. This is a little ragdoll demo. Sorry I have not had time to perfect the rubbery constraints on the ragdoll so it is sometimes unstable and I know it rarely goes through walls but these are all downfalls of verlet physics.

Here is the download
http://naillproductions.synthasite.com/resources/ragdolldemo.zip

Please post what your high and low fps are and what the fps hovers at.
Controls: left mouse button, grab neck verlet of player. right mouse button, make a worm thingy that flys and jumps around :)

edit - from this thread
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=83682

Dragon57(Posted 2009) [#2]
high: 90
low: 47
hover: 62

Stevie G(Posted 2009) [#3]
High 141
Low 42
Hover 62

GF8600gt , Intel Core2Duo 2.33mhz

Not bad, although pretty slow for such a small number of particles.

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#4]
Not bad, although pretty slow for such a small number of particles.

I can get 600. is that not a lot? Im not sure why the frame rate randomly drops to the fourtys even with only the ragdoll verlets. Also can you post the first number below those? That is the number of verlets

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#5]
high 111
low 22
hover 62

great demo!

InvisibleKid(Posted 2009) [#6]
high 333
low 33
hover hard to say looks like it fluctuates extremely fast between 52-68

xp sp2
amd athlon xp 2200+
1gb ram
Geforce 7300 GT 512mb

elcoo(Posted 2009) [#7]
high 144
low 41
hover 62

Nice physics, but could it be that you enabled vsync? Because it hovers at 62 frames for everyone. You should disable vsync for framerate tests.
I also noticed that the arms are kinda stiff, maybe you should try some other joint values if your engine supports them.

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#8]
High 142
low 41
hover 62

Nice! :)

I also noticed that the arms are kinda stiff

It must of been watching Baywatch! :P

Dabz

FantomKite(Posted 2009) [#9]
High 142
Low 25

And it looks like those fps are new each time i run your program. And also, underwater physics looks buggy -- my ragdoll had just jumped back from water like a rocket or something. :)

ZJP(Posted 2009) [#10]
High 166
Low 27
hover 62

GF9600GT. C2D 3Ghz

JP

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#11]
And it looks like those fps are new each time i run your program. And also, underwater physics looks buggy -- my ragdoll had just jumped back from water like a rocket or something. :)

I know the water is buggy. Im replacing that system soon but right now im working on making sure it is impossible to go through polygon segments, however it has become quite a challenge.

KillerX(Posted 2009) [#12]
High 200, low 30, average 59-60.

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#13]

Nice physics, but could it be that you enabled vsync? Because it hovers at 62 frames for everyone. You should disable vsync for framerate tests.
I also noticed that the arms are kinda stiff, maybe you should try some other joint values if your engine supports them.

well I didnt enable vsync but I limited the fps to 62 just to make sure it could reach that on most computers. Thanks for testing everyone! I will have another more intense and better demo in a few days.

Terry B.(Posted 2009) [#14]
I got stuck :(

high: 30
low : 15
hov : 22