More island

Community Forums/Showcase/More island

JoshK(Posted 2009) [#1]
Did some work to improve some of the basic visuals. I'm having fun. Now to get some jeeps driving around and little people to fight.

Gabriel(Posted 2009) [#2]
Your forum appears not to give read access to non-members.

maximo(Posted 2009) [#3]
his forums gives 404 yesterday

Foppy(Posted 2009) [#4]
It looks very nice. Good place for a picnic! ;)

JA2(Posted 2009) [#5]
Looks like all the other island pictures of Leadwerks. It's just missing the left handed rifle...

*(Posted 2009) [#6]
why make a fps there are loads of things human beings can do other than shoot everything, what about a modern day thief game

Matty(Posted 2009) [#7]
I like the 2nd pic.

stayne(Posted 2009) [#8]
Looks really good Josh, cheers man. I would love to see lots more plant life like ferns, fallen trees and limbs... you know, all that island type stuff.

www.naturephoto-cz.com/photos/sevcik/tropical-rain-forest--destny-les-bali.jpg

Doiron(Posted 2009) [#9]
Colors feel much more natural now.

Other then FPS's, I can see a nice golf simulation made with it. :)

Jerome Squalor(Posted 2009) [#10]
hey man, this stuff is really great. The second pic looks pretty close to photo realistic at first glance. Keep up the great work! :)

Santiworld(Posted 2009) [#11]
WOW!!

wmaass(Posted 2009) [#12]
Looking great Josh. When do we licensees get the new stuff? :)

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#13]
Yep, that second pic is by far the best he has posted. With a quick glance, it looks like a photo.

Imphenzia(Posted 2009) [#14]
I like the look of it. Great work!

JoshK(Posted 2009) [#15]
Scott Galloway made the new grass, and the oak tree is from a Crysis mod pack. The water has also improved a lot, I think.

The terrain looks pretty unnatural to me, so I am going to try an L3DT heightmap and see if I can make a little valley or something with some more plant variety. Another trick in Crysis seems to be to make all the vegetation the same color, so it all blend together and you can't tell exactly what's what.

Matthew Smith(Posted 2009) [#16]
Good stuff - the water particularly looks very good

Retimer(Posted 2009) [#17]
Without the palm trees (or improved colors on them perhaps - the green is a bit too colorful on them I find, and the trunk too 'healthy'), that shot would seriously look completely real. Nice work lw.

Ian Thompson(Posted 2009) [#18]
Looks much better for the more natural colours.

The palm tree in the second picture seems to be casting grey shadows into mid air that looks a little off?

Grass seems less pixelated than before, much better.

On the first pic, the line between the hilltop rock region and the grass is too sudden, it needs some alpha blended variation I think.

Overall, very nice Josh.

Chris(Posted 2009) [#19]
The grey shadow is volumetric lighting - like Crysis does

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2009) [#20]
I think the volumetric is cool but honestly the air would have to be containing smoke or mist or something in order for the particles to block/reflect the light enough to be noticeable.

SoggyP(Posted 2009) [#21]
Hello.

Pollen, dust, mosquitoes, spliff-smoke - take your pick.

Goodbye.

cyberyoyo(Posted 2009) [#22]
2nd pic looks nice, although the grass doesn't look very natural (color I think).
Mountain texture looks horrible in first pic.