Picaresque!

Community Forums/Showcase/Picaresque!

Warpy(Posted 2009) [#1]
So, I've been making progress on that game I was talking about.

In case you missed it, here's a pictorial explanation of what it's about:

And here are some screenshots from the game as it is at the moment:

Grey Alien's giving me a lot of useful advice, but I need more! If you have any opinions or ideas, please mention them.

I'm trying to puzzle out how to do the philosophy subgame at the moment. As it is I have a symbolic logic system and a vague idea of what to do with it.

Hope you enjoy!

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#2]
its a story generator?

Warpy(Posted 2009) [#3]
I suppose so. But you get bits in the middle where you have to do things like flatter nobility or have a fencing match or debate philosophy.

plash(Posted 2009) [#4]
Hahah clever.

Beaker(Posted 2009) [#5]
Hahah celver.

lol

plash(Posted 2009) [#6]
lol
Shh!

Grey Alien(Posted 2009) [#7]
I'm back from Seattle now but I have a stinky cold. Will check out the latest version very soon.

plash(Posted 2009) [#8]
I'm back from Seattle now but I have a stinky cold.
Lots of that round here too.

Warpy(Posted 2009) [#9]
Yo.

So I started making this yesterday. I think I was originally trying to make the game of sprouts. Anyway, now it's a simulation of a museum. I have no idea why. It's nice to watch, though. There are no controls.

Museum.

Can anyone think of a game mechanic involving syllogisms? I've made a system which can generate syllogisms given an initial set of premises, but I can't think what to do with it.

byo(Posted 2009) [#10]
Hahaha your writings are really good, Warpy. And funny as hell. You could try writing a book. I know I would read it. :D

Warpy(Posted 2009) [#11]
byo, that is a really nice thing to say! I was about to give up on the adventure game due to the syllogism-related problems, but you've motivated me to have another go. Thanks!

byo(Posted 2009) [#12]
Cool!
I think what the mainstream game industry is missing today is games with lots of funny and clever dialogues that makes one think and learn after a good laugh.

*tries to motivate Warpy even more*