Space Battles

Community Forums/Showcase/Space Battles

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi,

This is an addictive little space shooter that I made when I first got Blitz 2d. I was still developing my skills and still am but I was much less experienced back then and I had to write this all on my own (without having anyone to go to for problems) because I lost the activation code to B2D. Anyway unfortunately I dont think I knew how to comment b2d code back then so I just recently added a few random comments to make the code readable. I know it is terribly coded and hard to read but thats how I used to program. Some limitations are the fixed screen size, and the fact that you must use the keyboard and the joystick because it is only two player... no one player :(
Modify it as you wish. The controls shouldnt be too hard to find if you want to edit them. :) enjoy
(source included b2d code)

http://naillproductions.synthasite.com/resources/Space%20Battles.zip

Jesse(Posted 2009) [#2]
Nice! interesting how your missiles behave - exactly how my missiles behave now. I did the best I could with the math I know but I have yet to figure a better way. I have a guided missile demo in my signature link page under graphics effects if you are interested in looking at it. I twiked it a little to give a random effect. and it looks nice. but it's not what I want.
anyway, it is always nice to go back and look at my bigginer's code and get a flash back and remember why I love programming, for me at least.

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#3]
it is always nice to go back and look at my bigginer's code and get a flash back and remember why I love programming, for me at least.

yeah I love going back through old code because I remember just how fun it was to write :)

I will update it in an hour I put an older version up by accident :) the newer one has missiles that avoid landmines and have smoke with a much higher frame rate

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#4]
Updated! :)

now missiles avoid land mines, let off smoke, and never get stuck going in circles! :) they also get distracted if you take a sharp turn and it takes them a while to get back on track.

Keep in mind I am modifying code I havent seen in years so there may be many bugs

sorry it has a few problems with vista :( but the source is included so if you have b3d or b+ then just recompile it :)