BlackJack Dash! 1.00 Releaed

Community Forums/Showcase/BlackJack Dash! 1.00 Releaed

Tiny FrogWare(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hello All,

Tiny FrogWare is pleased to announce that our latest game, BlackJack Dash! has been released. While this is the 3rd game that we've released, it marks the first one that we've developed using BlitzPlus.

BlackJack Dash! combines the simplicity of solitaire with the high stakes action of BlackJack! It's a mad dash to the finish as you race against the clock in each round to win as much money as you can by creating hands that equal 21! And if you're fast enough and good enough you just might make it into the BlackJack Dash! High Rollers Suite! But be careful that you don't go bust along the way and end up losing all of your hard earned winnings!

BlackJack Dash! retails for $9.99US. For more info and to download a FREE trial version, please visit the BlackJack! Dash home page at Tiny FrogWare

As a side note, BlitzPlus made development much easier than any of our previous games and we will be using it exclusively for development of all of our future games.

Thanks!

Tony.

plash(Posted 2009) [#2]
Opinions: Your site's background is visually disturbing (what do zeros and ones have to do with solitaire and blackjack?), and Brothersoft (you have a '5 STARS' banner on your homepage), although they offer some legit freeware, is known to be malicious (see reviews and infected downloads).

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#3]
Your game looks pretty cool, but I agree with Plash... the website definitely needs work.

EDIT: Kudos for using good ole B+ :)

Jesse(Posted 2009) [#4]
I hate having to install something just to try it so I won't. From the looks of it, I don't know about the $9.99 price but That is just my first impresion. :)

Ryan Burnside(Posted 2009) [#5]
I think you should continue work on this. It has potential.

I feel you must consider a few things.

1. Is this a product that fills a niche?
2. What can I do that my competitors can't do as well?

There are many many freeware card games out there. Many people's first games are simple card games. I'm not saying don't sell your game I'm saying find a niche and fill it. Do what hasn't been done or atleast hasn't been done at the cost of 9.99 usd.

Good luck the game has potential.

Tiny FrogWare(Posted 2009) [#6]
Thanks for all the feedback so far. I appreciate it.

@Plash: The 1's and 0's concept came from programming...ie bits, binary, coding, etc. But I do agree that I need to rethink the web site design.

@Sauer: B+ was perfect for this project. Using it made development faster and easier than my other two games, where I used a different compiler. I see myself adding other Blitz products to my toolbox in the future.

@Jesse: I made an installer so it would be easy for those that don't understand how to simply unzip a file. Perhaps I will make a zip version available. As for the $9.99 price. It's easier to start high and then lower the price and/or run promotions and discounts. :-)

@Ryan: Thanks for the great feedback. BlackJack Dash! has a lot more potential. I have quite a few ideas on enhancing the game play with a variety of playing styles and options. There will certainly be future versions that implement these ideas.

Again, thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback. I'm going to rethink my web site design. If anyone has any ideas and/or can suggest a decent web template, then please let me know. As for the game itself, I'm going to keep improving it, but wanted to get it out there to at least get some feedback.

Thanks.

plash(Posted 2009) [#7]
The 1's and 0's concept came from programming...ie bits, binary, coding, etc. But I do agree that I need to rethink the web site design.
Sure.. but you're not selling programming services, just games (afaik).

Tiny FrogWare(Posted 2009) [#8]
Sure.. but you're not selling programming services, just games (afaik).

Correct, though I was selling add-on libraries for other languages at one time, which is where the "bits" idea came from. But of course I need to change the web site design now as that's no longer applicable. :)

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#9]
http://www.freecsstemplates.org/

This website is good for getting a professional look for free. There are a lot of designs for blogs but a few could be used for an e-commerce site.

I suggest browsing through some of them and try implementing them, you'll get a far better reception of your site simply by using one of these free templates.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#10]
Yeah, the website isn't great. There is too much open space, and the text used to describe the game is bigger than the button text. Too much scrolling too. (And the afore mentioned background.)

I think it will impact any sales your are likely to get. With people being cautious about picking up viruses and malware, having a proper looking website is important, and obviously if it looks good, people will have more optimisim about your game.

Congratulations on the game. Hope it sells well.

Tiny FrogWare(Posted 2009) [#11]
Thanks for the link Sauer and thanks for the feedback Ross C. All valid points. I'm working on a complete redesign of the site now, looking through templates, etc. and hope to have a new, improved and much more professional site up soon.

EDIT: Site has been redesigned and although I still have some work I want to do on it, I think it's cleaner, more professional and a huge improvement over the old one. Thanks for the motivation. :)