encoding/decoding files

Community Forums/Showcase/encoding/decoding files

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#1]
hi, one of my favorite hobbies asside from programming is coming up with new and improved ways of encryption and decryption for random purposes so I decided to combine the hobbies and make a small very simple program that encrypts and decrypts files.

keep in mind this is a simple program and much more time was put into the math and logic than the gui so I still used commands like input and blitz text for time efficiency.

here are the downloads:

(encoder)
http://download279.mediafire.com/mmxiytu4nmlg/m0zkazmonme/enc.exe

(decoder)
http://download109.mediafire.com/caxcyzgcm3dg/wqmzjkwkz2j/dec.exe

when a box pops up while downloading click save dont click run!

how to use: these are simple programs for now. first run enc.exe to encode a file. it can be any file. include the file extension when typing in the file name. after you do that it will ask you for a 4 letter/number/symbol encryption password. (do not use shift!!! it messes it up for some reason :p) after you type 4 letters dont press anything and it will do the rest. it makes a file called whatever the original was with a .loc at the end

after encrypting delete the original file without a .loc at the end (unless you dont trust me and it is a very important file. I would advise using a file that you dont care about)

when you open the decrypter enter the name of the file to decrypt without the .loc at the end. then enter the password you entered while encrypting the file after that dont press anything and it should do the rest :)

sorry for the bad interface. it is temporary.

I know im reinvinting the wheel here but it is a hobby so what can I say

If anyone wants to know exactly how it encrypts the file I will post the logic behind it.

[edit] dont try to manually remove the .loc it wont work and it will say file corrupt ;)

*(Posted 2009) [#2]
The only problem here without some outside influence all encrypting is pointless as most hackers rip for memory anyway making it pointless, the rest of us couldnt be bothered about unencrypting etc anyways.

Encryption is brilliant for secure packets on networking tho.

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#3]
As I said earlier I make these things because it is a hobby of mine. Me and my friends use this to encrypt things via email so the school, who watches our email, cant see what we are sending.

I may make it into a program to encrypt networking packages but im not experienced with TCP and UDP

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#4]
Me and my friends use this to encrypt things via email so the school, who watches our email, cant see what we are sending.

That's pretty funny actually.

Retimer(Posted 2009) [#5]
Me and my friends use this to encrypt things via email so the school, who watches our email, cant see what we are sending.

"What's all this garbled up crap?"

*(Posted 2009) [#6]
But encrypting emails doesnt stop keyloggers sending what you typed before hand :)

skn3(Posted 2009) [#7]
it does if you swap the letters around and learn to spell in the new formations of alphabet. Spelling encrypt™

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#8]
exactly skn3[ac]

anyway im pretty sure I disabled the keyloggers that they use ;)

At retimer: "'What's all this garbled up crap?'"

What does that mean?

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#9]
thats what the eaves dropper would say reading emails at random