Wonderland Adventures Mysteries of Fire Island

Community Forums/Showcase/Wonderland Adventures Mysteries of Fire Island

Midnight(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi all, I'm very happy to announce the official release of our latest Blitz3D creation, Wonderland Adventures: Mysteries of Fire Island.

More info, download, etc, at http://www.midnightsynergy.com

And, if you like reading these things, here's the press release:

Midnight Synergy Releases Mysteries of Fire Island

January 15th, 2009 - Midnight Synergy announces the next chapter in the best-selling and award-winning Wonderland saga with the release of Wonderland Adventures: Mysteries of Fire Island.

Mysteries of Fire Island is a puzzle adventure game for Windows based computers that combines the look and feel of a casual console RPG with an innovative mouse-driven puzzle mechanic. To solve the game’s many puzzles, you must interact with different creatures, collaborate with NPCs, and control mechanical objects. As you progress through the game, a variety of magic powers are introduced which allow you to manipulate objects, create matter, and even travel through time.

As the game begins, the safety of Wonderland is threatened once more. But the quest to save this world goes terribly wrong. Shipwrecked and marooned on the shores of the mysterious Fire Island, you are cast into an epic adventure filled with new discoveries, ancient secrets, and a surprising conclusion.

Mysteries of Fire Islands weaves its main story through over one hundred mini-adventures, allowing you to enjoy the game for either minutes or hours at a time. Individual adventures combine both action and puzzle challenges that are designed to test both your wit and your reflexes. The game also features enhanced visuals, a new symphonic musical score, as well as access to the online Wonderland player community with over ten thousand members.

Priced at only $19.95 USD, Mysteries of Fire Island requires a Windows based PC to play and is available for immediate download from Midnight Synergy's website.

Grey Alien(Posted 2009) [#2]
Ooh this should be good based on your other very successful games. Looks great. Good luck with it.

http://www.binaryjoy.co.uk/games/games-news/new-wonderland-adventures-game/

coffeedotbean(Posted 2009) [#3]
cratz.. seems to be a series that keeps going and going like a duracell battery =D

SpaceAce(Posted 2009) [#4]
Your Wonderland games are great. Wonderland Secret Worlds was one of the two games that convinced me to give Blitz products a try, although I ended up going with BlitzMax instead of Blitz3D. I'm glad to see you're still working on the series.

SpaceAce

Midnight(Posted 2009) [#5]
Thanks all. It's certainly been a interesting seeing the Wonderland games evolve over six years and five games (not counting the SpongeBob Squarepants spinoff). And it's really a testimony for Blitz3D that the games are still written in it... and on a pure graphical/technical level I'm no where near maxing out its potential.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2009) [#6]
Congratz on your latest release, also good to hear you still see plenty of potential within B3D you've yet to excercise (:->

Geehawk(Posted 2009) [#7]
Been trying the demo of this and it seems really great.

I just have one problem with it (which may be customisable in the full version) and that is the fact you say "Hello" EVERY SINGLE TIME you talk to someone, even if you are "travelling" with them and as such would not need to say it because you have just met.

It's really annoying. Sorry.

EDIT: Okay 2 problems.

Would it not have been possible to have the "boundaries" just a little more natural looking than a very large, wide, wall. Inpregnable forest or mountains perhaps. Ruins the look IMO.

Blitzblaster(Posted 2009) [#8]
Very nice and cute adventure. I like it!

Grey Alien(Posted 2009) [#9]
My boys have just been having great fun on this. It's neat, very creative. They loved the way it said "Let's get to it at the start". I do wonder though if you might improve conversion rate by improving the UI somewhat (let getting rid of that courier font for a start). If you ever want some advice on this, feel free to email me, I'd love to help.

One little thing we found confusing was sometimes you enter a cavern and up facing the way you came in instead of the way you should be heading.