ChaosSpace 2

Community Forums/Showcase/ChaosSpace 2

ChaosCoder(Posted 2009) [#1]

Hey everyone!

I'd like to show off my latest blitzmax project here.
The game is called "ChaosSpace 2" and you do right if you wonder about the "2". Yes, there was ChaosSpace 1, but it wasn't worth being released in the english community (Yepp, I'm from Germany ;) ).

Some screenshots first (click on them to enlarge):

About:
ChaosSpace 2 is a spaceshooter mainly based on action and fast reactions. You controle a little spaceship in a 2D World and fight against hundreds of enemies, which assail you in any formation and try to kill you by collision.
There are overall 13 different types of them, each with unique properties. Your weapon is upgradable (e.g. 2,3 or max. 4 shots at the same time).
The scripts use an own language (unfortunately there is no tutroial on how to make them on your own. if there is enough feedback with "omg lolz plz make teh fuckin tutorial! ;)" I'll think about this.
If you figured it out on yourself, you can upload it on www.chaosspace.de (scripts). The Script then will be shown in the online section. Playing "online" means to play a whole script to save the score in the highscore afterwards. In training mode you can disable/enable levels by clicking on them.

Powerups:
red: 1,2,3,4 shoots.
green: the shot flies through 1,2,3,4 enemies.
blue: activates shield
purple: explosion around you.

The Controls are easy:
The ship follows your mouse. You can shoot by pressing the left mousebutton.

Hope you like it!

Download here:
www.chaosspace.de
To get english language, just click on "Optionen -> Sprache: DE".

dmaz(Posted 2009) [#2]
nice, but I get a regular slow down/choppy behavior about every 30 secs that I didn't get in the prev demo.

ChaosCoder(Posted 2009) [#3]
thx,
mmmh, every 30 seconds? :/
doesnt appear here and you are the first who mentioned that... anyone else getting this problem?

dmaz(Posted 2009) [#4]
ok, I timed it... I'm way off :) it's every 7 seconds, pretty much on the dot. last for about 1 sec and causes all objects to jump slightly like there is something going on from in the windows background. I don't get this from other bmax games I try right before or right after.

Now I said I didn't get it with the first chaosspace but I actually do. it's more frequent but much less pronounced so not as noticeable. I never saw it until I compared the two games.

I do miss the sound fx of the first though. even though there was the "vista delay" that you get using the default driver.

I really like it, very nice presentation.

elcoo(Posted 2009) [#5]
Very nice game! Doesn't slow down for me either, it always runs smoothly.
Pretty nice and decent fx there!

ChaosCoder(Posted 2009) [#6]
thanks for your feedback, i'm glad you like it.

there was a bug which caused an error while uploading your own highscore. it's fixed now and i feel sorry for that.