Mines!

Community Forums/Showcase/Mines!

spacerat(Posted 2008) [#1]
I present to you one of my earlier blitz projects: Mines. Mines is a minesweeper clone with a few extra features, including networking and a wrapfield mode. This image should show you what I mean.

The game is playable and is a very nice alternative to the default windows minesweepers. Instead of rambling about the features in big ugly paragraphs, I'll try and sum up everything you need to or might want to know in a few lists.

Download: Here

Features:
- Has everything XP minesweeper has apart from that smiley face, the time counter and the question mark.
- A wrap field mode where squares on the edge wrap over the sides.
- Support for infinite players (I think) playing and chatting simultaneously.
- Allows game sizes from 5x5 upwards with any number of mines technically possible.
- A number of extra options such as theme choices and non-lethal bombs add to the customisability.
- A server list! Although for that to work I need to be running it on my computer at the time, and you need to let it connect to me. If you would prefer not to let that happen, just don't click anything in the server list tab.

Bugs/problems:
- The "Slap" feature in chat window does nothing.
- The chat window is a bit broken.
- No documentation. Only features I can think of which aren't immediately obvious are arrow keys to pan the game field.

Lastly, I dare someone to challenge me to a game >:D.

plash(Posted 2008) [#2]
Interesting project.

I like the idea :)

spacerat(Posted 2009) [#3]
The download link for this has been broken for a while, so I've updated it. If anyone tried to get it before and reached a 404 page, try again and it should work now.