Whak-A-Monty-Mole

Community Forums/Showcase/Whak-A-Monty-Mole

Stu_ovine(Posted 2008) [#1]
Whack-A-Monty-Mole

One of our competition entries into this years Retro Remakes Competition!.

The category is Game For Helen which tries to bring an inclusive arcade experience to kids and young adults in the hospices Helen and Douglas House This is especially aimed at bringing games to those who cannot play arcade type games using conventional controls due to disability.

This is our take on the popular whack-a-mole usually found in seaside pier arcades. Lots of accessibility options from One Switch to Mouse control.

Download a copy from http://baa.ovine.net/mole.php

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#2]
This is good fun, you`ve done a great job with it! At first I thought that it was made in B3D but your textures do not suffer from the blurriness that you usually get. Can I ask what 3D engine you are using? Is this a BMax game?

Really looking forward to your Myth remake too.

Jason.

Stu_ovine(Posted 2008) [#3]
Max using Minib3D :)

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#4]
Thanks, thought it might be.

Jason.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#5]
Wow another game! Do you have a day job?

jsp(Posted 2008) [#6]
Really nice! Simple game well done. But only 10 Level ... :) . Actually incredible how much stuff you produce.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2008) [#7]
Ovine do you use some kind of engine or framework for your games or do you write from scratch with specific blitz code?

Sauer(Posted 2008) [#8]
The website says he uses Multimedia Fusion, which I've never heard of until today but looks cool.

Stu_ovine(Posted 2008) [#9]
yea i have a day job :) all application/database work :(

Its easy to code quickly if you are motivated.

I use a framework of sorts, sprite, particle and sound the rest pretty much recreate.

although the website says mmf i have never used it - thats another member of ovine (andyH)