Ultimate Bruce Lee

Community Forums/Showcase/Ultimate Bruce Lee

Stu_ovine(Posted 2008) [#1]
ULTIMATE BRUCE LEE

One of our competition entries into this years Retro Remakes Competition! . A reworking of Bruce Lee (c64 version)

Download a copy from http://baa.ovine.net/bruce.php

ervin(Posted 2008) [#2]
And a mighty fine remake it is too!

DaveS(Posted 2008) [#3]
It lock's great nice game!
I like it.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#4]
Coolness! Your output is prolific.

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#5]
Ha - this looks great. I have fond memories of the Spectrum 48k version.

TaskMaster(Posted 2008) [#6]
Awesome!!

This was one of my favorite C64 games.

ervin(Posted 2008) [#7]
This is really really great fun, and is my early pick for the grand prize winner. Just fabulous.

It has a heck of a lot of replay value too, with all the unlockables.

Stu_ovine(Posted 2008) [#8]
There are quite a few good entries this year - tuff! competition

ervin(Posted 2008) [#9]
I'll always have to wonder how my Sabre Wulf would have done in the judging if it were actually finished!
Sigh... at least I can finish it now without the intense pressure.
I don't know how on earth you turned out 2 games!

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2008) [#10]
Awesome remake, I still have the original for my C64, doesn't work, kept it for nostalgia :^) I would seriously have paid for a remake this great !!

EOF(Posted 2008) [#11]
I get 'Corrupt zip' after download. The filesize is 3.21MB

Stu_ovine(Posted 2008) [#12]
The zip is 27MB so yea looks like you have a bad download.

Try a Mirror (direct from the RR pages) http://www.retroremakes.com/comp2008/ugfa/Category1/1UltimateBruceLee_UltimateBruceLee1.zip

TaskMaster(Posted 2008) [#13]
OK, that survivor mode is frickin' hard. Best I got was green belt.

Is there a trick to it?

EOF(Posted 2008) [#14]
Love the remake. Very nice graphics and presentation. Hats off to the team!

(Although strangely I still love the C64 graphics)

I would love to see you guys do a Renegade remake ..

_33(Posted 2008) [#15]
cool! A classic, keep it up.

Stu_ovine(Posted 2008) [#16]
Survivor Mode - yea there is a knack or too. For me I keep getting to the left or right platform and defending those (as the ninjas dont climb)

IF it gets too much jump onto the climbing frame in the center - climb up (the green guys will try and follow) jump back down to the platform.

Well works for me, we couldnt make it too easy now could we :)

*(Posted 2008) [#17]
There is a couple of bugs:

1)When you enter the first lazer area and it goes from a complete bar of dots to the moving lazer along the floor the complete lazer didnt kill you in the C64/Speccy/Amstrad version. On this one it does.

2)In the area with the red waterfalls if you jump from the platform after collecting the two lanterns in the center and jump right you hit the stalagtite and die, on the C64/Speccy/Amstrad version this didnt happen you hit the wall and fall down. Its the bit after completing the first lazer floor section.

Apart from that its brilliant :)

Xerra(Posted 2008) [#18]
I have to agree. I absolutely loved this conversion as I played the original game to death on the old C64. Haven't completed it yet but I've unlocked survival which is an absolute blast as I did it just as I was thinking that I'd like to play the game with more than 3 bad guys fighting me at a time.

Well done on a class conversion - hope you guys win the compo.

ervin(Posted 2008) [#19]
Just finished playing through the entire game, which is not something I can say about a lot of remakes. Absolutely fantastic stuff!

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#20]
had this on the speccy, great game!

Taron(Posted 2008) [#21]
It would scare the living crap out of me, if you didn't win this competition with this! It's fantastic! It brings back memories and then spoils it to infinity with your remake version. In fact, once I'm awake again and find a good moment, I'll try to unlock the other modes.

WONDERFUL! CONGRATS, whether you win or not, but I just can't imagine you not winning it!

Blitzplotter(Posted 2008) [#22]
this looks fantastic. This is the type of game that has made the 'hook the laptop up to the telly in the living room to play'. I too have fond memories of the speccy version.

Stu_ovine(Posted 2008) [#23]
Ezdup:-

There are a few little bits we changed from the C64 version (cant say from the others), more notably the platform collison was a bit off in the original where you could walk in mid air etc.

It seemed more logical that the spike would kill you on any part of the screen.

Glad people are enjoying it - thats whats its all about. Hope the judges fel the same - I would hate their job this year !!!!!

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2008) [#24]
Well, I did find one small bug.

If you stay on the colored waterfall ladders (???) they will take you into the ground & if you hang onlong enough kill you, but if you manage to let go right before you die, your player will be stuck in the ground unable to move, etc. Can't punch, jump out or anything.

TaskMaster(Posted 2008) [#25]
Yep, I got stuck like this once as well.

Space Fractal(Posted 2009) [#26]
Great converting and seen to been pretty arcade cabinet freindly (I have a PC based arcade cab with limited controls).

I do have few request to been a better game:

- Support for widescreen (640x400).
- Possible to remove the option menu by creating a spefic file.
- Would been fun with a better AI (but they are not more stubid than in the original version).

Yes it have some bugs, like these other users have been found, like it happens in this screenshot: