blobulos

Community Forums/Showcase/blobulos

plash(Posted 2008) [#1]
Old thread here (I made a new one because the name is different than the original thread, and because it has hit actual 'release' - version 1.0)

Project page (download link and screenshots here as well)

Download page

Default Controls:
F1 - Toggle info/options page
S - Change blob influence mode
A - Change blob draw mode
LeftMouse - Draw (or delete a group of) blobs
RightMouse - Influence blobs
Space - Clear the current blob field
---

Enjoy!

Nate the Great(Posted 2008) [#2]
very nice... looks like something similar to what I did when making a lava lamp in the b3d forums :) nice work

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2008) [#3]
I cant get your site to come up at the moment but I was there recently. Good job.

plash(Posted 2008) [#4]
Just tested the link off-site, and it seems it needs a 'www.' before the domain name, I've updated the link in my post.

Jesse(Posted 2008) [#5]
I can't see anything on my laptop's integradted graphics card:
Intel 945GM.
I can hear the music.

plash(Posted 2008) [#6]
Check 'readme.txt', you may need to turn off/on 'flipgrab' (changes will be seen after restarting blobulos).

I've also re-uploaded the win32 packages for the project page link fix.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2008) [#7]
Hey I got to play with this finally, pretty neat especially with the dye effect (saturate). Maybe next you can add some animation to move the blob objects around and interact in different ways.

plash(Posted 2008) [#8]
Glad you like it :)

Maybe next you can add some animation to move the blob objects around and interact in different ways.
Do you mean animated images for the blobs, or effects for the cursor (specifically when manipulating the field)?

Taron(Posted 2008) [#9]
VERY Psychadelic! I'm enjoying it! Could be nice to add several animation types to it to add to the lavalamp feel. (heat rising, cooling to drop down again, that sort of thing) ... (turbulences to give it some swirling) ... (mouse to heat them up or cool them down) ... ( endless possibilities actually) ... (enough brackets for now)... :o)

GREAT STUFF!

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#10]
Trippy! I think I went into a trance playing around with this.

Also, thanks for sharing the source.

Xip(Posted 2008) [#11]
Briliant!, right up my alley ;)

now i feel all inspired to write a demo effect on similar effects! xD

only bad thing is that the "song" become VERY enoying when playing around in the program for any longer periods of time ;)

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2008) [#12]
Yah like add some movement to the particles - ie by themselves, interacting with each other, rather than just mouse control. I didn't mean animating the blob field, although that's a possibility.

plash(Posted 2008) [#13]
only bad thing is that the "song" become VERY enoying when playing around in the program for any longer periods of time ;)
You can disable the sound (press F1!!)

Yah like add some movement to the particles - ie by themselves, interacting with each other, rather than just mouse control. I didn't mean animating the blob field, although that's a possibility.
Ah, I may explore it..

Also, thanks for sharing the source.
;)

Xip(Posted 2008) [#14]
oh, hehe my bad, i cant say i spent allot of time researching it :9

it was like 02:00 in the morning and i had to go to bed for work today so... hehe well, then i have no complaints ;)

plash(Posted 2008) [#15]
Did everyone that had a problem running it get it to work?