Razoon

Community Forums/Showcase/Razoon

Firstdeathmaker(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi there,

I just wanted to show you my last game (& the first I promote to this forum): Razoon

Razoon is a 360° spaceshooter with the only focus on making as much damage to other ships as possible.

I've been developing this game since 2006 and I hope you like it as much as I do ;)

Features:
- 4 different types of Rockets
- a buddy ki ship that helps you
- many different Enemies
- big explosions
- lots of secrets in 10 (+ 10) Levels
- onlinehighscore

Controls:
W,S - Accelerate, Decellerate
A,D . Strafe Left/Right
Spacebar - Hold direction
Mouse: Steering and Turret direction
Mousekey 1: Fire primary weapon
Mousekey 2: Fire current selected Rocket

R - auto-rocket selector module on/off
if off: choose rocket-type with 1,2,3 or 4
C or Mousekey 3- choose closest enemy
T - auto aim help module on/off
LAlt - Screenshot
Escape - Resign / Destroy ship

You get hitpoints by dealing damage. You can destroy incoming missiles by shoot at them (your on bord auto-mg will do so by itself)

Enjoy!
Firstdeathmaker

Razoon 1.07 [WIN] ~ 26 mb

Razoon 1.07 [IntelMac] ~ 27 mb

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2008) [#2]
Looks nice!

Is it BMax?

Firstdeathmaker(Posted 2008) [#3]
Yep

MGE(Posted 2008) [#4]
It's a fairly large download, before I give it a shot, what are the realistic min specs so it runs decently? Thanks! Looks very, very nice. :)

MGE(Posted 2008) [#5]
ok..couldn't resist...downloaded, played for a bit. Lots of possibilities, but needs alot of tweaking. The initial type the setting menu needs to be mouse selectable. Perhaps the only thing you need is low/high resolution options? I kept getting killed within seconds. The music was very destracting and didn't fit the game. I look forward to seeing this develop because it looks very nice!

Firstdeathmaker(Posted 2008) [#6]
Perhaps the only thing you need is low/high resolution options? I kept getting killed within seconds.

So its running to fast on your pc or how should I understand that?
High/Low resolution options is an idea, I'll keep that in mind.

And what exactly do you mean with
The initial type the setting menu needs to be mouse selectable

MGE(Posted 2008) [#7]
The menu that comes up with all the initial settings could be replaced with mouse selectable options instead of having to type things in from the keyboard. Also, having to edit the ini file if needed is a pain. Should be in game options to select full screen / window, or low/high res, etc.

In higher res settings do you see more of the game world or is the entire game scaled to fit the screen resolution?

I don't know if the game played too fast? I ran it in 800x600 mode and I was killed within seconds. Came right at me and boom I was gone. (Just did it again and yep...killed in seconds.)

Make it much easier from the start, allow the player to gradually move up to carnage mode. ;)

Firstdeathmaker(Posted 2008) [#8]
Ah, okay, got it. Hmm, I was thinking about making a in-game options menue, but I have to admit that I've been programming the menue long time ago, and the game was developed from a simple spaceship steering concept demo (so in the beginning there wasn't a menue at all). The code became very ugly and I'm glad that it is still running like it is. (Meanwhile I make things a lot different than in Razoon).

A bigger resolution doesn't scale the graphics, it's just that you can see far more of the enviroment. Maybe people think its unfair, but I just didn't want to put so much work into that aspect, I though: why should I make graphics uglier by scaling them on big screen-resolutions?

And the fact that you where destroyed in the beginning: You have to move, if you don't do so, the enemies will fire a lot of rockets on you. So keep moving and keep firing. Also you have to use the radar to see where other ships are.

If I have time I'll create a in-game options menue ;)

Thanks for your criticism!

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2008) [#9]
Looks cool but your intel mac rar archive is damaged and will not extract.

MGE(Posted 2008) [#10]
ahh... ok.. So in 800x600 the visible area is smaller, which makes the ships attack even faster with less room to navigate. Gotcha. ;) Looks like a cool game, I would consider taking the time to add some mouse options, make the game easier, possibly using a fixed world size and then scaling it to the selected resolution so it plays the same in any configuration. Low res would probably play smoother than high res for instance. ;)

John Cage(Posted 2008) [#11]
This game rocks! Awesome music.

>Should be in game options to select full screen / window, or low/high
>res, etc.

Personally, I don't need options like that. This game just works like a charm.