Metagolf 0.1.0

Community Forums/Showcase/Metagolf 0.1.0

Armitage 1982(Posted 2008) [#1]
I'm off for the weekend but I have found the time to finish the pre-alpha version of my first BlitzMax game.

There's still a lot to do like real levels, graphics revamp, GUI, sounds, etc. But all in all I think it's well started.
Also the main character is borrowed from Paul Robertson and will not be present in the future (You know how it is).

I must thanks Brucey for his Box2d Module, this wouldn't have been possible without it. I bet that CEGUI will be my GUI of choice for next release ;)

The download and a video is available here: http://arm42.free.fr/blog/index.php?2008/11/06/23-metagolf-010

Any remarks or "things" are welcomes :)

Huge screenshot :

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#2]
Hey this looks fabulous Armitage - great work -

IPete2.

MGE(Posted 2008) [#3]
Truly amazing. But probably needs something to make it easier to grasp the overall concept and play mechanism(s).

(tu) sinu(Posted 2008) [#4]
cool, popped in to take a look expecting a 3d golf game but this looks much sweeter.

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#5]
Wow, it is nice to finally see a PC version of one of my favorite games I have been playing on my Palm for many years.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2008) [#6]
That looks great.

big10p(Posted 2008) [#7]
I like the player character GFX, although it does look like he's taking a pee in that screenie :)

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#8]
Looks really cool, it'll be good to see how this progresses.

Doggie(Posted 2008) [#9]
Am I the only one whose noticed that the trajectory on the ball(starting from the first little red dot) makes it look kind of like...oh, you know what, forget it. Looks nice.

WMSteadman(Posted 2008) [#10]
This looks really really cool... but, I agree with MGE, it's difficult to understand what's going on in the form of a game from this video.

Can't wait to see the final product.

johnnyfreak(Posted 2008) [#11]
cool! good idea.

Armitage 1982(Posted 2008) [#12]
Thanks everyone for your encouraging words !

@ MGE and WMSteadman
It's true, concept and play mechanisms are still a little bit obscure but things will be much more clear in next release ;)
Later on, I hope reusing this engine for another type of game so maybe every existing features in this alpha isn't useful in a golf game and need to be tweaked.

@ GaryV
I never heard about this Palm Game before. Could you give me a name so I can have a look to the original and maybe adapt some of the ideas ? Thanks

@ Doggie
Yeah the particles emiters need some more work ;)

I hope I will find time to reach a true beta.

Thanks all ;)

Koriolis(Posted 2008) [#13]
I can only agree with everyone else here: it looks really great.
Somehow it reminds me of some of the best games of the amiga era.