Wildhollow v0.1 (WIP)

Community Forums/Showcase/Wildhollow v0.1 (WIP)

Karja(Posted 2008) [#1]
It's time for the first public showing of Wildhollow, an adventure game with management influences that I've been working on. Quests, loot, glory, fame, strange beasts and weird characters all await you!

This is still very much a WIP (as is indicated by the version number 0.1), but I'd love to hear some comments.

Download

http://www.wildhollow.com/files/WildhollowSetup.exe
http://www.wildhollow.com/files/Wildhollow.zip

Screenshots

Notes

The options aren't implemented yet, but you can start the game with the following arguments if you want to change things:

-w - Windowed mode (default)
-f - Fullscreen
-g - Use OpenGL
-d - Use DirectX (default)

KillerX(Posted 2008) [#2]
Try zipping it. 15mb is too much.

Karja(Posted 2008) [#3]
Ask and ye shall receive. I always forget that people here prefer zipped versions.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#4]
Try zipping it. 15mb is too much.
No it isn't. Unless you're on dialup?

15MB is nothing these days. You won't find many (if any) games on portals that are less than that nowadays.

Karja(Posted 2008) [#5]
Ah, so it was just a question of size? I thought he meant "zip it instead 'cause I don't want big installers doing unknown things." Or something like that.

But yes, the game will probably be twice this size when I add the rest of the content not used yet. 15 MB isn't much in my view.

Matty(Posted 2008) [#6]
Looks pretty, will download at some point and have a look.

Nate the Great(Posted 2008) [#7]
this is blitz max is it not?

Looks good so far keep working on it. Don't be one of those people that just gives up on something half way through.

Karja(Posted 2008) [#8]
Yup, it's Max alright; my third li'l game with it. And no worries - I'm confident that I can finish the game within a couple of months.

...Unless feedback shows that it just plain sucks and needs an excrement-load of redesign, of course. :)

Zeotrope(Posted 2008) [#9]
Nice...who's the artist? Nice work.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#10]
Nice, I look forward to seeing how this pans out.

Karja(Posted 2008) [#11]
Thanks! :)

And ThermO: the backgrounds are by a fantasy illustrator called Jeff Ward and the characters/animals are by Rebecca Gunter, who did work for my previous game Spandex Force as well.

The rest is unfortunately by myself. It's another reason to ask for comments here - if it's too atrocious I have to look for an artist.

Chroma(Posted 2008) [#12]
Very nice polish so far! Looks very promising!