Spitfire Attack

Community Forums/Showcase/Spitfire Attack

therevills(Posted 2008) [#1]
Heres a game that Ive been messing around with for the past 3 weeks or so... I'm bored of it now - So Ive wrapped it up in AOTMG code and made a minigame out of it:

Download it from here:

Windows:
http://therevills.syntaxbomb.com/games/SpitfireSetup.exe
Mac:
http://therevills.syntaxbomb.com/games/Spitfire.dmg

Enjoy!

Taron(Posted 2008) [#2]
I like the whole traditional presentation, whilst nice and quick, but there's something about the flying feel that just is too spritey, rotating about and not enough sense of motion somehow.
Smooth it is, but it needs to have that certain something...ehm...gravity, possibly.
But it really has a great set of assets and presntational flow. I love me a good map, hehe...feels like one would know what he's doing, you know.

Just my 2 cents... 8)

GJ, though!

MGE(Posted 2008) [#3]
Plays like that flash game that was shown here a few weeks back. I like it, there's alot you could do with this if you wanted to. Nice job!

Foppy(Posted 2008) [#4]
This is fun to play, nice!

Adter a while I started to feel like a dangerous Spitfire ace.

therevills(Posted 2008) [#5]
but it needs to have that certain something...ehm...gravity

Gravity??? Whats that? ;-)

I love me a good map, hehe...feels like one would know what he's doing

What!? Pardon? Eh? Are you talking about the mission select screen?

I like it, there's alot you could do with this if you wanted to. Nice job!

Thanks MGE... I did have a lot of plans for it, but as I said I got bored, it was lucky to even see this kind of release...

This is fun to play, nice!
After a while I started to feel like a dangerous Spitfire ace.

Cool... glad you enjoyed yourself Foppy!

Taron(Posted 2008) [#6]
Yes, I've meant the mission screen/map. It's a nice detail that games like that only used to have. Nowadays, most of the time people just jump straight to the game. I've meant it as a good thing. 8}

That flashgame or what ever it was, was quite a bit more emersive and had that certain something, somehow. It had "gestures" or maneuvers as part of the gameplay, which is rather ingenius (loop to confuse, dive and fly low). I think it's a kind of anticipation or delay in terms of control, which gave it a bit more a feel of remote control, rather then squiggling around on the screen, you know.

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#7]
this is a good game,
If I had to suggest an improvement id say drop in a bonus that makes your guns fire faster temporarily,

Jesse(Posted 2008) [#8]
Nice presentation. while I was playing I noticed something , if I keep going in circles then all the planes just start following me just behind. one time I probably had like twenty in my tail and it looked like it was only one.

suggestions:
not gravity but inertia.
bonus:
special weapons
upgrade plane(more hits to die)
different planes

it is a really nice start though.

jsp(Posted 2008) [#9]
Nice game.

My suggestions:
Energy display
A "boss" in the last mission
really a weapon upgrade or some bonus as mentioned before
different backgrounds may connected to the country you selected

One needs to enter a name for the highscore also already entered at the start, is this to be expected?

slenkar(Posted 2008) [#10]
and for maximum polish, Make the plane right itself when its facing left,