let me know what you think

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qvyiqjtizmr

BTW: the robots body is just temporary

EDIT:
directionals = move the robot
space = jump
s = attack(nothing to attack though)

Sauer(Posted 2008) [#2]
Looks very similar to "Ball Breakers" for the PS1, a pretty good game.

Taron(Posted 2008) [#3]
Love it! Makes me wonna help you out with the gfx! 8)))
..let me know...

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#4]
This looks pretty cool. Keep going.

degac(Posted 2008) [#5]
funny! it seems to me too hard, maybe I need more pratice!
I like the 'inflating' items/ramps at the start of the level.

grindalf(Posted 2008) [#6]
@ sauer
I think i had a demo for that game

@ degac
yeah it is pretty hard took me abut 10 goes to beat the level the first time, but now i can do it with 32 seconds to spare.

i wanted to do a level with a matrix style code scrolling across the texture(but where the black is alpha'ed), but i cant figure out how to make the texture black(alphad afterwards) if you paint black onto it it has no effect. any ideas?

Taron(Posted 2008) [#7]
I'm not sure about 3d texture handling, but in the 2d realm you should be able to choose between masked blending (choosing a mask color) and alpha blending, so if you go for alpha instead you may end up having more control over it? However, I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly... no matter what, you'd have to consider the alpha in your painting process and either paint color|alpha or choose an off mask color to paint on it. (Oh dear god I could be so wrong!)

Xip(Posted 2008) [#8]
I playd around in this game for some time, and i relly like it :)

but i have to a gree with people abouve, it is WAY to hard.

but it was to hard, and it got stuck, and closed it down as a result of it.
the first level needs to be mutch much eazyer, or people will lose interest.

other than that, and perhaps an improved animation and model for player, i think this can be very good game in the end :)

keep up the good work :)

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#9]
i wanted to do a level with a matrix style code scrolling across the texture(but where the black is alpha'ed), but i cant figure out how to make the texture black(alphad afterwards) if you paint black onto it it has no effect. any ideas?

If you're creating the textures in code then you can just go over the texture with ReadPixel and WritePixel, and write 0 alpha for all pixels which are black. Far too slow to do it on the fly, but you only need to draw the texture once, then you can just scroll the texture over the mesh to make it move.