Ignition - Free particle system for Blitz3D

Community Forums/Showcase/Ignition - Free particle system for Blitz3D

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hello all,

Its been a while since I have posted on this site, since I do games mostly in XNA nowadays.
Anyway, this weekend I dug up an old particle system I had lying around and thought it would be fun to shine it up a bit and make it worth sharing with you all. I called it Ignition. It uses a single surface per emitter. There is currently no documentation, as I am not the best to get my self to do that, will rather spend time writing code :-), but there are some examples, that should explain the use of the libary. Anyway enough with the talk....
Screens:

Download Ignition (1,90 mb)

The library is free to use.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#2]
..hey Jeppe..thanks man..I really like your Alpha Gui..so much that I have convert whole code to work with Mikhail Fastimage, and its really really beauty...I hope this particle is same :) cheers man

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#3]
Thankyou very much.

I took the opportunity to browse your website while I was at it: a lot of neat stuff on there. :o) I noticed the ToolUI website link though had died (and been snapped up my poopyheads) - is it still available somewhere?

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2008) [#4]
I am glad you like the alpha gui library, its 5 years since I updated it. Wow time flies. Ok so that makes the library much faster?
AlphaGui really should be single surface, since it is better than to use an entity for each control.
The particle system should be very easy to use and set up, so a beauty I don't know, but I hope so :)

Yeah the Tool UI page was taken down, but can be found here again.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#5]
..yeah..major reason why I convert whole code is because I really like it(especially excellent visual part of editor where you simply connect menus with lines and thats it)..and another reason is that, if apply any postprocessing, original GUI was affected too, no matter what library for postprocessing is used..so, after i rigged whole thing with FastImage, practically whole gui render happen after Renderworld and therefore, GUI is entirely safe from any postprocessing, what was not case before..I have included also some nice add ons for automatic adjustment for any screen size and ratio so GUI/HUD elements are always same looking(not scaled up/down), regardless what type of monitor or resolution are used...cool nice lib.. :)

GW(Posted 2008) [#6]
I have to second Naughty Alien, Alpha Gui was crazy cool! I only say 'was' because i dont do much b3d any more. The editor was pretty slick too.

wmaass(Posted 2008) [#7]
Hey Naughty Alien...would you mind sharing your mod of Alpha GUI?:) I love Alpha GUI as well by the way.

Mahan(Posted 2009) [#8]
@Jeppe Nielsen: I tried to contact you on the email regarding Tool UI a few days ago, but since I'm not sure if you use that email I try here too: I tried to buy ToolUI but without luck. When i get to the shareit site it says this:

The following product(s) could not be placed in your shopping cart.

* 217838 ToolUI - Tool User Interface - not available

I really would like to buy your GUI + editor, so please contact me on my mail if possible, or if you resolve the shareit issue maybe you can just post back a note here that ToolUI is available again?

ZJP(Posted 2009) [#9]
Good works. Fast,simple and easy to use ;-)

Jp
PS : Link to demo (Alpha GUI ) is broken.