Dogfight 2 Released!

Community Forums/Showcase/Dogfight 2 Released!

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi Everyone,

We just put up Dogfight 2 at Rock Solid Arcade.

It's not written in Blitz (obviously, being a Flash game!), but the game editor that we developed it in is (think of it as a replacement for the Flash IDE).

If you could have a go and tell me what you think, I'd really appreciate it.

Check it out here!

MGE(Posted 2008) [#2]
Non blitz game. Belongs in the general section. Sorry... just my obnoxious 2 bits. :)

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#3]
Pretty good stuff. I wasn't able to enter my name in the high score table though - possible bug - probably cos I was 90 somethingth ;)

Grisu(Posted 2008) [#4]
Wish this would be a blitz game.

And that you could continue at the level where you were shot down... :)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#5]
Most Excellent :-)

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#6]
Non blitz game. Belongs in the general section. Sorry... just my obnoxious 2 bits. :)

i kinda feel the same about the leadwerks engine screen shots posted by anyone other than leadwerks
its showcasing what can be done in leadwerks not blitz so it should be on his/their forums (and only here in a leadwerks engine thread)

plash(Posted 2008) [#7]
Nice style, care to elaborate more on the "Flash IDE"? ;)

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#8]
I might be missing something but I find it incredibly difficult. (e.g. can't get past the second level)

MGE(Posted 2008) [#9]
I thought the leadwerks engine was written in Bmax?

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#10]
Of course... keep your finger on the trigger

Nate the Great(Posted 2008) [#11]
I love this game it is very addicting :)

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#12]
Great game. Personally, I'm happy to see games written by any Blitz user in the showcase, not matter what language they're written in.

Doiron(Posted 2008) [#13]
Finally a true spiritual successor to Sopwith!

This game is brilliant, and a great improvement over the first one. :)

Nice style, care to elaborate more on the "Flash IDE"? ;)

Well, I suppose it's a game editor which handles object types, placement, paths and the such and outputs files which are then read in Flash.

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#14]
It was fun, but I was crap at it.

BTW, at the end I had a screen popup asking me if I wanted to play one of your other games. ( Robokill, I think. ) The link is broken though. The url goes to robokill/fn/ and the /fn/ seems not to be necessary or accepted.

ziggy(Posted 2008) [#15]
It's very funny!

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2008) [#16]
Well, I suppose it's a game editor which handles object types, placement, paths and the such and outputs files which are then read in Flash.

Yes, that's exactly right.

plash(Posted 2008) [#17]
Yes, that's exactly right.
I was mislead by what I understood an "IDE" to be. Kewl!

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#18]
100% off topic

I thought the leadwerks engine was written in Bmax?

it is and afaik will still be updated that way not witstanding any changes within the team to go via another coding route

my gripe isnt about showcasing leadwerks engine, its leadwerks users (ie anyone other than leadwerks/josh himself) posting to the main gallery, those kinda posts shouldnt be in the front page gallery links but in leadwerks threads or the leadwerks forums

it isnt showcasing what someone has done in blitz its showcasing what theyve done in leadwerks

i doubt brl allow maya screenshots and renders as they arnt in game images and non josh posted leadwerks shots should be treated as such

Taron(Posted 2008) [#19]
Really beautiful! Great game! Yup, it would've been a plus, if it was completely Blitz to relate it to everything else here, but...yeah...really fun and well made thing! :)

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#20]
Nice. Great sound effects, etc.

the biggest problem I kept running into is that CTRL-Up and CTRL-down switch tabs in my browser, so a number of times it navigated away from the game with obviously desastrous results...

DavidSimon(Posted 2008) [#21]
With all your talent Micheal, why are you still making children's games?

(Hey you liked to ask me difficult questions, just thought i'd throw one back at you for old time's sake. :) )

Warpy(Posted 2008) [#22]
Because children like good games too?

Doiron(Posted 2008) [#23]
Adults play arcade games too.