Candy World and Lights of Dreams is Back !!!

Community Forums/Showcase/Candy World and Lights of Dreams is Back !!!

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#1]
After several month of brake, I'm back with my games and they are difinately FREE !!! 0.00$ each !!! Full version !!! and this forever...

It's just because Intel cant publish our games for free...It cost alot of money and I cant afford the fees. And like in the past we make games for fun not for money... I think everyones will be happy about this good news !! Only further project will be published by Intel... Like Dreams : Rebirth and Candy World 3

Now let get on the field, we'll be talking about our free games:
Candy World : The Golden Bones
Candy World is at its 2.38th version

All the maps has been remade in higher resolution for the pleasure of all and details are crisp and texture are better...
The trees looks better now and are high polies and on my computer the game run at a blitztering 28fps

Full versions and screenshots are available in my worklog here -> http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?user=7462&log=1543

With 35 worlds in the final version entirely reviewed and remapped, 7 animals entirely reviewed, 6 attacks analysed and brought to perfection and fantastic moves such like jump and run, theres no way to get angry about the quality of the game... Everything has been masterised in this game... Bloom has been adjusted for the pleasure of all...

Lights of Dreams : The Angelical Blade
Lights of Dreams are in better range of being appreciated in its 2.35th version full free version...

With 50 worlds, 20 characters, more than 40 items, the game will be more played than before...

Link to my worklog for the full version of the game(screenshots included) -> http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?user=7462&log=1587

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2008) [#2]
Good luck to you dude, I hope lots of people will enjoy it.

MGE(Posted 2008) [#3]
Same games, same redric. I'm sorry, but Xylvan has marketed his games in this showcase forum very well. We all know more about his games than any other programmer in this forum. We don't need to do this over and over again. Please lock this thread.

plash(Posted 2008) [#4]
It's just because Intel cant publish our games for free...
I believe the response here is: We told you so.

For the billionth time, high detail and fancy graphics don't make the game.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#5]
Candy World's and Lights of Dreams gameplay is not as bad as you can think... I've played many time Candy World and it still fun... I'm not joking its replayable even for me !

Every corner of every game is reviewed now... for maximum gameplay and fun... I will translate both game in Leadwerks to help support DirectX10... It will be free anyway !

I'm projecting two Candy World games / two Dreams games...

Candy World Adventure
a 2d adventure game made in the spirit of Candy World and Save Candy... Candy must discover a way to get rid of Dr. Picpic who kidnapped Her friends... She must meet Toopy to get helped in the mission... Only Candy and Toopy will be playable... All of Candy Bones, Crescent, Hearth and Golden Bones are back !!! The challenge will be simple at the beguining and will get harder as the game gets far...

Hearth of Candy World : Hype of Heaven
Is the real story of Candy and Toopy presented as an RPG and a plateformer... Candy and her friends will have to visit and live 7 times of their live and it will be more like a story... But there will have good plateforming elements never seen in a game before.

Legends of Dreams : Tides of Aquarius
The LOD like MMORPG... Is based on LOD but with more world, more characters and class... It will be online !
Also callen LODO and look like AION (a NCSoft MMORPG)

Dreams : The Rebirth
Is the game we will make this year and is also a MMORPG but is more epic like Fable... I will only be a programmer for this game... We'll have a professionnal modeller, musician and writter... Is the official game made for Intel... no joke indeed !

This is all of the actual and future game i'm working on, They are going to get out throught 2009...

As promised, LOD and CW will be free forever... They will be updated very often... The decision is Final and we will not come back on the decision like before !

Ked(Posted 2008) [#6]
I've played many time Candy World and it still fun... I'm not joking its replayable even for me !

Uh, you're kind of the creator.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#7]
I honestly think the game would be fun as a 2d game. The 3d aspect is really unneeded for gameplay as simplistic as this. Sorry i don't answer your MSN messages man, but you catch me at bad times.

Good luck with the 2d version of this. I don't see any difference gameplay wise, with the 3d version. I lost interest very quickly.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2008) [#8]
Nothing substantial seems to have changed with your game, so why yet another showcase? Probably best to remove the Intel partner logo since you're not, in fact, their partner.

Al Meyer(Posted 2008) [#9]
"and on my computer the game run at a blitztering >>>28fps <<<"

:)

FreakForFreedom(Posted 2008) [#10]
on my computer the game run at a blitztering 28fps

Now I'm glad the human eye only needs ~20 fps to see a movement as fluently :P

Anyway, cool games. Thanks for making these available for free!

Blitzplotter(Posted 2008) [#11]
I second freakforfreedom's sentiment, I confess I haven't played it yet, however Well done for making it available for free. Cool looking game.

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#12]
I'll be making more free games... A new version of LOD 2.45 is on the making... This version uses timer so every corner of the game are the fps u want...

Candy World version 2.45 has a timer too so u will not have performance above 30 fps... Even in non HDR mode the game stay constant and not "buggy"
Even the company LOGO XILVAN DESIGN, XDL STUDIOS, Candy World LOGO are showing the same fluid graphics on a powerfull PC than the average 1500 MHZ mono or dual core PC on the maket...

Candy World project started 2 years ago from the game "Save Candy" which was made on my Commodore 128 in the 90'
Save Candy were one of the first tamagotchi game made by me... Candy were a dog with another puppy in a square and both dog were moving as u wishes... the project were abandonned due to school... But the Real Candy World were made in 2006 and was 4 levels... Did u remembered it ?

I will put more info about Candy World and Lights of Dreams on blitz forum... Both game will arrive to version 3 fully complient with blitzmax and... Leadwerks !!

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#13]
Instead of capping the framerate you could achieve the framerate that's the machine capable off by using a delta timer.

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#14]
Xylvan Leadwerks works with opengl and not with directx.

Aza

Vorderman(Posted 2008) [#15]
Normally I wouldn't complain about anything posted here, I've been a regular since B3D was released and have seen some good stuff and some really bad stuff, but by god I'm sick of these threads...COD version 2.0.4050.50 is now out etc...they all look the same, just adding a FPS timer is not a good reason to start new threads about the same thing over and over again.

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#16]
I agree with Vorderman - each iteration ( most of which I have tried ) brings nothing to what is essentially a nice looking but tediously boring and repetitive game. I see no point in you wasting your time porting all your games to the Leadwerks engine simply to add yet more eye candy and yet again, ignore the gameplay flaws.

You are the Blitzbasic forums equivalent of Sly Stallone. Candyworld and LOD have had their day, you should draw a line under them, move on and do something new.

John Cage(Posted 2008) [#17]
I don't know the thrilling history of Candy World, but at first sight it looks good and grafix are quite nice. What's the story behind of this game?

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#18]
http://xylvan.sitesled.com/IndexCW2.html

One night while he was asleep and had lost its ball, Toopy dreamed of the little kitten Crystal...

She told him that some time before Toopy's birth, a little dog named Candy passed away when she was very old and she has suffered from its sickness... She left in mourn all its masters when she died...

They adopted Toopy and many cats in order to calm the issue of this tragic lost... -To bring her back, draw a flower circle in your dreams and she will appear as you wish...

Wanting a friend, the friendly little dog, dreamed of a ZigZag Hills... Toopy Drew a flower circle and Candy appeared in front of him... He was happy and supplied her to shearch its hidden rubber ball...

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#19]
He was happy and supplied her to shearch its hidden rubber ball...

...Whatever that means.

Good luck with your latest attempt, but seriously -- You may want to look for a native English speaker to translate for you... :-?

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#20]
He was happy and asked her to find his hidden rubber ball

To activate Toopy, u must find his ball which are in World 2 : Watery Mountains...

Also I've a great news for The Gameplay of Candy World : Candy, TOopy and all others characters will eventually fly in the versions 2.50 and more !

To fly Candy must set a butterfly on her back by pressing H... And then initiate the flight by pressing space a multiple time... If you do that you will be able to make the character fly from a place to another...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bolSpHDD7k0

The developpement of the game is going to be more axed on ennemies, Golden Bones challenge and new worlds... The game will stay free to make our popularity increase...

MGE(Posted 2008) [#21]
I'm starting to think we're all being punked, over and over again and someone is kicking back laughing their ass off.

simonh(Posted 2008) [#22]
Agreed. this is begging to resemble spam now. In future Xylvan, please contact me before starting new threads on the Showcase forum.