Jack-o's Revenge Pinball Released

Community Forums/Showcase/Jack-o's Revenge Pinball Released

Chugs40(Posted 2008) [#1]
My latest retro game - Jack-o's Revenge Pinball is now available for H+Soft Arcade!

As all my games seem to go, this one is pretty crazy! The key is to master steering and controling Jack-o's
speed in this game. Once you do that It becomes pretty easy.

Also, this game (and all my games) require a demo of my launcher/browser software H+Soft Arcade to run.

You can download H+Soft Arcade (v1.3) and Jack-o's Revenge Pinball on my Home Page at HsRetroGames.com

For detailed info about H+Soft Arcade Click Here. For detailed info about Jack-o's Pinball Click Here.

Check it out if you have time! - Enjoy!

markcw(Posted 2008) [#2]
*taps table*

So was this based on any old games then?
What made you go for this style?
And how long did it take?

Chugs40(Posted 2008) [#3]
markcw:
An old Sega Genesis game gave me the idea: 'Dragon's Revenge' of which I incorporated My Jack-o character into.

Not sure what made me go for this style, I thought it would be cool to make an off the wall pinball game.

Development on and off took about 8 months.

Did you try it? Did it make you feel unwell?

markcw(Posted 2008) [#4]
Just tried it and the launcher starts up with a black screen and music, then some more music and finally the screen at the top of this page appears followed immediately by the app closing itself, there is no error message and a reboot didn't fix it. Tested in XP Pro with no SP or net connection.

Chugs40(Posted 2008) [#5]
Hmm,

Are you talking about the H+Soft Arcade (launcher) or the game? If it's the arcade itself, I recently snuck in an update which can be obtained from my website: http://www.hsretrogames.com

Please try the new version and let me know.

* Edit *
If the updates did'nt work, what are your system specs?

markcw(Posted 2008) [#6]
I shall say this in Swedish so you can understand me better.

Uppdateringen fungerade inte.

System specs: old piece of junk that should probably be in a museum.

Chugs40(Posted 2008) [#7]
Well if it's that old thats why It didn't work.