Sanitary Pad

Community Forums/Showcase/Sanitary Pad

Dabhand(Posted 2008) [#1]
After Gfk drove up the A1 and give me a chinese burn, I'll have to spill the beans on an, well, not so tastefully titled bit of software named 'Sanitary Pad'

Unoffically, its been coined YASP... Think about it!

Basically, ahem, Sanitary Pad is a HTML text editor, but also supports, amonst other things... PHP, JavaScript (Just... needs more work) and XML

Sanitary Pad allows you to write and test browser based languages within one application... Although you must have a software suite such as XAMPP setup on the local machine, to obviously test it locally, Sanitary Pad will (in an hour or twelve) let you upload remotely and test your online solution straight away.

Sanitary Pad looks like BlitzMax's very own MaxIDE, its has been built from the ground up and bounced across a couple of languages... I vowed to get MaxGUI's tabber going and won...

There is more to Sanitary Pad than meets the eyes (When you eventually see the screenie below), so hold on tight internet devvies...

I'm going to make you s*it your sanitary pads with the ultimate MaxIDE experience for the internet! <--- That was a joke!

One mans thing... Shown!

Release date... SBSR date... fingers crossed!

Element formatting gone a bit spongy in <title> and attributes at the bottom noted! ;)

Dabz

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#2]
Picture isn't working, but based on the product name, maybe that is a good thing?

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#3]
Regardless of how amazing the program may be, giving it a name like 'sanitary pad' won't be doing you any favours -- no one will take a seriously, and few people would be bothered to even check it out...

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#4]
It appears the image is hosted on some site that requires membership to see attachments.

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#5]
For the record, I can see the picture/screenshOt just fine. Huge as it is.

Not sure what's going on with yours, GaryV.

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#6]
how stupid. Use photobucket :D

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#7]
Not sure what's going on with yours, GaryV.
He appears to be linking to an attachment on another forum. You have to be a member to see attachments. When I follow the URL I get:

http://www.syntaxbomb.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=392&stc=1&d=1219451978

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#8]
That would be the issue then. I'm a member of SyntaxBomb.

Apologies.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#9]
For the record, I can see the picture/screenshit just fine. Huge as it is.

lol

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#10]
Oh. *blush*

Note to self: get more sleep.

And now to edit my post and make GFK look like he made it up.

Dabhand(Posted 2008) [#11]
After a decent kip myself, I've cropped the image and chucked it in my own web space! :)

Back on topic:-

Regardless of how amazing the program may be, giving it a name like 'sanitary pad' won't be doing you any favours -- no one will take a seriously, and few people would be bothered to even check it out...

I'm having fun with my project at the minute, the name is a laugh and it will probably be named 'YASP' eventually, which sounds more serious, but the humour is still in there! ;)

Eventually, they will be three versions of it:-

Light - Demo
Medium - Standard Edition
Heavy - Professional Edition

Auto-insert for periods has been suggested by Gfk, but sadly, I'll have to pass on that suggestion!

Dabz

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#12]
one with wings?

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#13]
How about an easter egg where blood will start dripping and filling the screen?

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#14]
How about an easter egg where blood will start dripping and filling the screen?

activated by typing 'vampire teabags'? O.o