Rotation WIP

Community Forums/Showcase/Rotation WIP

TomToad(Posted 2008) [#1]
Here is a puzzle game that I created. The rules are simple. Try to reassemble the picture by rotating the triangles around the hubs. Left click to rotate clockwise and right-click for counter-clockwise.

To bring up the hotkey screen, press F1
Hotkeys are
S - saves game. There are 10 save slots
L - Load game
SPACE - Display picture
Esc - quit

Get it here
http://bellsouthpwp2.net/j/a/jameschamblin/rotation.zip

Screen shots:

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#2]
It's nicely done and a good idea. For me far it's far too difficult so there might need to be some levels of difficulty and some reward or indication if you're getting closer.
Splash screen needs some work ;-)
... and don't use that sound for the rotation.

TomToad(Posted 2008) [#3]
Splash screen and sound are just placeholders for now. To get past the brilliantly simple splash screen, just press SPACE when it appears. :)
Not exactly sure what kind of sound I want, though. I searched through a bunch of free and not free sounds and nothing seems to fit. I think I might end up with just a simple "click"

For difficulty, I might just end up with different puzzles based on sliding, rotating, and shifting pieces of a picture around, and let the user select which puzzle they want depending on the level of challenge they want.

As far as indicating how close you are to solving, that would be difficult as well. This is kind of like a Rubik's cube, where you find yourself solving 95% of the puzzle, then discovering the need to undo half of it to get that last 5% in place. So it would be kind of difficult to show how far you have progressed.

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#4]
I like the game idea, but it is still way too hard.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#5]
Hey this is a novel take on tile sliding. It's hard until you get the hang of it.

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#6]
hee heee its a match 36 Grey!

IPete2.

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#7]
Nice idea. First i've seen for this.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2008) [#8]
Makes me think of trying to do a rubix cube.

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#9]
I can do rubix cube in little over a minute :D

This however, has got me stumped.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#10]
i love sliding puzzles and their ilk (will give this a try)
the slider in the sample folder had me stumped
not cos it was a-z 1-9 but which first and where is the hole meant to be

when i know the 'picture' im way faster at finishing them