Mesh Terrain Editor V1.0

Community Forums/Showcase/Mesh Terrain Editor V1.0

Billp(Posted 2008) [#1]
Just a screenshot of my texture splatter terrain editor -

allows you to use up to 8 texture layers, a number of brushes, autotexture based on slope, lightmapping and vertex color painting

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#2]
Looks pretty good :o)

Can you import your own mesh to paint? Or do you have to use a heightmap, or rect shaped terrain?

Ian Thompson(Posted 2008) [#3]
This looks very good! Well done! ;)

puki(Posted 2008) [#4]
Great!

Hand it over then.

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#5]
PUKI!

Where have you been?

You've been gone 'soooooooo' long.

Anyways, nice to see you back :)

The Mighty WALNUT(Lord Of Nuts)

Wayne(Posted 2008) [#6]
His mom posted bail?
hahah

Billp(Posted 2008) [#7]
Thanks,
Ross, currently it uses heightmaps (exports them as well) but I may add the option of importing your own mesh
I am working on an .x export and have figured out how to save the texture scale , but alpha is eluding me, I can save the vertex alpha but not the brush FX (32+2) which enables vertex alpha.... any ideas ?

kfprimm(Posted 2008) [#8]
You're probably gonna need to export to .B3D in order to enable vertex alpha.

Billp(Posted 2008) [#9]
Already have a b3d export working, had hoped to export to .x to make it useful to people using other languages/engines, haven't had any luck finding a flag etc. in the .x format to enable vertex alpha although the format seems to support it

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#10]
I wrote an X exporter for my ted, its in the sticky thread in the B3D forum. It stores alpha values for vertexes but is useless in most programs as it is not processed when loading.

Billp(Posted 2008) [#11]
Thanks Dan, actually I am using your code be it somewhat modified, I assumed TED could save .x and utilized vertex alpha & hoped there was a flag in .x models which enabled it... I guess not then ?