Legos in 3D

Community Forums/Showcase/Legos in 3D

JoshK(Posted 2008) [#1]
Not my work, but it uses our engine, and I love it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFnaemzY0K0

plash(Posted 2008) [#2]
Goto 3:50 and watch to 4:05, horrible entity handling in LE.

degac(Posted 2008) [#3]
Did you know many poligons/meshes there are on screen?
I don't think the program (not the engine) is very optimized (I think it's a porting from a DarkBasic project made for test purpose).
And to be honest even at the start (25 sec) there are these 'pop ups'; we have no idea on what gfx the program runs and how much 'costs' (in term of CPU) the recording program.

In any case 'horrible' is not the first word that came in my mind when I see the video! I like it!!!

JoshK(Posted 2008) [#4]
The author should not have used occlusion culling on all those little objects, but he didn't know until I told him. It can be toggled on or off per entity.

SabataRH(Posted 2008) [#5]
neat video.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#6]
all those green highlights were distracting
and alot of the stuff that was close by still managed to need redrawing as if they were something from miles away just coming into view

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#7]
neat video, but it'd be cooler if he added the stickiness of legos (more force is required to bump them), I can't imagine the code would be terribly complex.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#8]
hed never be able to do that with my childhood lego building skills
even dropping a block like hes made down the stairs wouldnt guarantee it loosening up enough to take it apart let alone breaking it up totally

its as if some of our blocks were coated with super glue

this didnt apply to the one brick thin parts as they were always as loose as milk teeth

puki(Posted 2008) [#9]
I think it is cool.

I never had Lego though.

I always got a block of wood for Christmas.

smilertoo(Posted 2008) [#10]
Heh, I was going to point out the idea behind lego was that it doesnt fall apart that easy.