Fruit drop

Community Forums/Showcase/Fruit drop

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#1]
I’ve finally released my new game - Fruit Drop

It’s based on a colour matching game on Windows Mobile, but I’ve updated it for the PC with sound effects, music and enhanced graphics.

I’ve included the source code as well if you want to check that out.

Download it from:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1696274

Just unzip the file anywhere you want and play.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#2]
i only played the 5 minute version
allowing pairs to be selected is a bit of a cheat after playing games like bejeweled with a minimum of 3

it might work on the other modes but it dont seem right somehow

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#3]
well I modelled it on a pre-exisin game. It's one of the only games you get with windows mobile.

The reason you can do pairs is that quite often you need to get rid of pairs in order to make larger groups of another fruit, and pairs aren't worth anything really anyway, so it's not "cheating" the game in that way.

Sauer(Posted 2008) [#4]
I liked it, especially the music.

I'm not trying to be a stickler, but the fruit graphics have little white dots/outlines around them. Is it supposed to be like that?

Jesse(Posted 2008) [#5]
I like it. But I think it could be a lot better just by animating the drop(slowly moving the tiles down) instead of just appearing them on the next postion and also as mentioned above, the graphics should be a bit more polished.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#6]
i only saw the white dots when they were showing the 'capture gird' letting you see how far along your selection was
kinda like dragging the mouse over files you get a dotted line untill released

kinda not needed as the fruit dissapears on clicking
again as with bejeweled there is a slight delay before the next lot falls down so i was a bit disorientated by getting a super pop or whatever and it then having the next lot a split second later ... just a visual gripe nothing else

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#7]
Thanks for the feedback, graphics aren't my strong point. The "bounding box" that appears around the group of fruits you select is to allow you top see other friuts nearby that could be brought into that group easier.

I thought about animating the fruits, but couldn't figure out how to do it.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#8]
This is better than it looks on the screenshot. Agree that fruit graphics should not have the white bits on them. Also agree that dropping down is required (or growing in new shapes where the popped ones were by scaling them up).

markcw(Posted 2008) [#9]
Looks good, haven't checked it out yet but was wondering what constitutes the bulk of the 4.6Mb filesize.

Edit: ah, ok it's the mp3 and wav files, sorry.