Jack-o's Revenge Pinball Preview

Community Forums/Showcase/Jack-o's Revenge Pinball Preview

Chugs40(Posted 2008) [#1]
This is my latest retro game coming soon to H+Soft Arcade - Jack-o's Revenge Pinball.
Some may remember a couple years back when I had released the original platformer Jack-o's Revenge (which is included in the H+Soft Arcade Demo).
This game is not a sequel to the original but one of several spinoffs with Jack-o. I have 2 'actual' sequels planned for the original game which will come later.
Here are some screen shots >>

Collect magic and unlock the 'Bonus' boards, Item boards and Battle boards from the Main play board.

The 'Battle Board' Destroy the crystal balls and all the witch's 'pets' to escape!

The 'Bonus Board' (1 of 10) Bash the blocks to hit the '?' boxes fors bonus points and magic.

The 'Magic Item Board' (1-5) Jack-o's about to grab the scissors - One of the five items needed to reverse the witch's spell!

This game (written in B-Max) will be available (fingers crossed) in one to two weeks for H+Soft Arcade.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2008) [#2]
Any chance of youtube video?

markcw(Posted 2008) [#3]
It's totally trippy. I would probably feel unwell if I tried to play it.

Chugs40(Posted 2008) [#4]
No, unfortunately I don't have a video. The game will be out soon enough though.

steve_ancell(Posted 2008) [#5]
Cool Chugs... Smakin' a pumpkin around a pinball setup, now that could get messy :D.

Looks good BTW ;).

Retimer(Posted 2008) [#6]
It's totally trippy

lmao no kidding. I want to try this. The slimes from ghost busters (witches pets) are cracking me up.

The style fits with the blocky tilesets too, which I would think is normally pretty difficult.

What's magic for, if anything?

Sauer(Posted 2008) [#7]
Reminds me of "Sonic Spinball," a fantastic game. This looks good as well.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2008) [#8]
Looks cool, your third screenshot with the green ghosts - my impression is that the ghosts are actually moving objects and that you can aim the ball to try and hit them? That would be neat.

sswift(Posted 2008) [#9]
That's neat, but you should change the face up top to the one he has today... it would be more creepy. :-)

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#10]
@Chugs40: congrats on another release!

@sswift: That pic is heinous (or should I say "BAD"), surely it's been doctored.

sswift(Posted 2008) [#11]
Grey:
No, that picture has not been doctored. I saw it when it was first in the news. That's exactly what he looked like.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#12]
aw man, but his nose, does he have a plaster (band aid) on it or what? Perhaps the jpg format is non-flattering. I digress, sorry Chugs40 (no wait, it was sswift who digressed!)

markcw(Posted 2008) [#13]
Stop talking about Michael Jackson. You're making me feel unwell again.

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#14]
aw man, but his nose, does he have a plaster (band aid) on it or what?

Yes. Too much plastic surgery apparently gave him some bonus nostrils.

MGE(Posted 2008) [#15]
Shouldn't this just be in the gallery?
'
'
'
'
'
.. err.. I'm just mad I can't play it yet! :) lol...

Chugs40(Posted 2008) [#16]
Thanx every one for check'n this out!

@sswift: lol, Man thats messed up! That photo looks nothing like that freak! Don't worry her (the witch) face isn't that skinny in real time. I agree w/ markcw - I feel unwell also! - That post is hillarious! - Hey would you feel bad If I told you that was my wife?!?

@ImaginaryHuman: Yeah, The ghosts (or what ever they really are) move/wiggle in a circular motion, and yes, Jack-o is fully controlable, which adds (I think) a whole different feel to a pinball style game. This game would actually be impossible if you could'nt move him.

@Retimer: The magic is what you collect (100 to be exact) for extra lives - which like original Jack-o Revenge - You'll need all the lives you can get!

Awhile back I was contemplating releasing the map editor code I wrote and used for this game, Jack-o's Revenge, and Huck's Rocket Boot Hero. I'ts simple but works great for making game levels or large scrolling maps - Anyone interested?

mrbombermillzy(Posted 2008) [#17]
Looks like an updated and pinballized version of Cauldron II to me.. nice. :)

sswift(Posted 2008) [#18]
Chugs:
I was making fun of the game's name, not the photo of the woman in it. A famous nickname for Michael Jackson is "Wacko Jack-O".

The photo you used could have been any thin woman with long black hair and I still would have suggested Michael would be a scarier replacement. :-)

Chugs40(Posted 2008) [#19]
I did'nt even think of that. I thought it was the picture. Oh well, either way it's still funny.