Bloxfall 2

Community Forums/Showcase/Bloxfall 2

coffeedotbean(Posted 2008) [#1]
Its back.. the might bloxfall.

A pleasent Puzzle game.. if you like matching blocks that is. Still a bit of work needs doing... sound/music mostly.

Thought Id post this beta demo to get some feedback on the general look/feel and the puzzle difficulty... and of course any bugs.

Enjoy: Bloxfall (windows)

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#2]
Looks nice and puzzley, downloading now.

Perturbatio(Posted 2008) [#3]
lo :)

One typo found:

It should be "affected by gravity" not effected.

Found a bug: Clicking on the help then clicking close seems to leave the "more 1/2" button there (which can be clicked).

coffeedotbean(Posted 2008) [#4]
Ah Pertubatio.. the master of bug hunters.

That Button bug has been fix, but missed the typo so ta very much =D

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#5]
Had a quick check. Seems like a neat game! Simple but effective graphics, could perhaps do with more p'zaz to get more people interested. Tell you what though, I'm lame as I could not complete level 2!

Couple of things I noticed:

1) I clicked options but didn't immediately notice the stuff at the bottom. Feel this would work better as a pop up dialog which people are used to.
2) Also the change player stuff, whilst novel, is unusual and not as easy to understand as standard pop up dialogs.
3) Windowed mode has no icon on the title bar, Task Bar or Alt+Tab task swapper, but then neither does the .exe and I guess it's beta so I'll let you off that one ;-)
4) When the music loops there's a double bass drum (and crash cymbal) that sounds dodgy - the cut is not quite correct.
5) After I completed level one it played some congrats music and then the music loop resumed but at a louder volume.
6) Is this BlitzPlus? If not (Bmax), you could perhaps do with some fancier particles.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2008) [#6]
Ok so more eye candy it shall be.

I'll probaby add some kind of partical or growth animation when new buttons are made so players can see them better, like when they click on options.

The Music doesn't loop too good.. need to work on that. Also need to steadily reduce then increase music volume before and after the fanfair music.

Its Bmax - so no excuse for the poor particals.. your right.

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#7]
It was just that the post fanfair music was louder than the pre-fanfair music suggesting that the levels were not the same (i.e. a minor bug).

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#8]
fun little game.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2008) [#9]
It was just that the post fanfair music was louder than the pre-fanfair music suggesting that the levels were not the same (i.e. a minor bug).

Ah the souind issue was due to the fanfair and music overlaping a simple
If channelPlaying

fixed that,

Aslong as there are no game play bug I am happy and can spend the weekend on some eye candy.

Thanks guys