Gigahertz Games presents: Schizo!!!

Community Forums/Showcase/Gigahertz Games presents: Schizo!!!

Adam Novagen(Posted 2008) [#1]
Gigahertz Games is proud to present its second game: Schizo!!!

Highly addictive. Highly original. Highly entertaining. Schizo has it all!!!

The concept is simple: get as many points as you can by playing four basic mini-games. Sound easy? Here's the catch: you're playing all four mini-games AT THE SAME TIME.

With multipliers, bonuses, flashing colors and a rockin' soundtrack, Schizo is a game you'll want to play over and over, and all for just $10 USD!!! Just be careful; it's so much fun, it could end up consuming your life! ^_^

Go crazy... Go Schizo!!!

Try/Buy

Adam Novagen(Posted 2008) [#2]
Hey everyone,
I'd really appreciate some feedback on this, since we're all gamers & game developers here. Thanks!

degac(Posted 2008) [#3]
mmm....downloaded the Schizo_Demo.exe
Double click on the file...and

'Error! We're sorry, but Schizo could not find "schizo.ghzpak".
Please contact us at info.ghz@... for assistance.

Adam Novagen(Posted 2008) [#4]
Did you not notice the glaring "NOTE: To play the demo of Schizo..." message??

Adam Novagen(Posted 2008) [#5]
Not a bad point though... I guess that could be missed. Website updated; try the site again!

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#6]
Why not just lump them together, save people the hassle of downloading two files into the same folder :o) People are laaaaaaaazy. Trying it now.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#7]
Hmmm, i tried it, BUT, it's way too difficult. You need to have different control for each game as moving the mouse to click to where something has to go to, is way to cumbersome, and slightly annoying.

A novel idea, but, execution needs a bit of work :o)

Adam Novagen(Posted 2008) [#8]
I know people are lazy Ross C, but there's no way for me to lump 'em together. I wish there was, but I just can't... Not with Blitz, anyway. Seriously, you ever try embedding a 2MB+ file into a Blitz Basic program?? It's not pretty. :P

On the flip side, it's simpler for the average joe than the usual ZIP archive method... I mean, at least this way no one has to extract a messy bunch of files & folders manually...

Adam Novagen(Posted 2008) [#9]
Erm... Not sure I'm following you, Ross... A different control for each game?? Surely it's simpler to just have the cursor control everything... Did you read the in-game help?

Sauer(Posted 2008) [#10]
Is there any way to lose? I just kept playing and it didn't really seem like I ran the risk of losing at any time.

I liked the concept, sound, and presentation.

Adam Novagen(Posted 2008) [#11]
Hey, thanks Sauer! Yeah, it's very possible to lose, but it depends on how long you play for... Things get pretty tense at level 20 & up.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#12]
Erm, can't you just winzip everything? That would work :o)

Yan(Posted 2008) [#13]
I agree with Ross C.

Making your end users download two separate files is just mental, especially if it's a product you're trying to sell.

Either package the files up with an installer or, at the very least, use a self extracting zip/rar.

Adam Novagen(Posted 2008) [#14]
Well, I personally think that downloading two separate files is simpler for the average person than downloading & extracting a ZIP archive, but it can't hurt to make the option available.

Now, if I could just get Google to UPLOAD THE &^%#%! FILE... !!!

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#15]
As i say, people are very lazy. Probably go to that page and see you need to make sure both files are downloaded into the same folder, and give up there.

Is that page hosted by google btw?

Adam Novagen(Posted 2008) [#16]
Yeah, it's hosted by Google. And HOORAY, I've got a ZIP on the site!

Now people have the option of doing the ZIP download or the game-GhzPak download. Everyone's happy! Thanks, Yan & Ross. ^_^

TaskMaster(Posted 2008) [#17]
Funny, XBox Live Arcade just released a game called Schizoid. For a second, I thought it was your game. :)

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#18]
Great presentation. The way you advertise the game it just makes
me want to go out and buy it.

I'll download the demo as soon as I get a chance.

The Mighty WERDNA(Lord Of Darkness)

Adam Novagen(Posted 2008) [#19]
Many thanks, O mighty Lord of Darkness. =)

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#20]
LOL, thank you mortal, for showing me some proper respect.

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#21]
I just played your game Adam.
And its AWESOME!

A truly inventive game, playing 4 Minigames at once is so cool!
Using the music file ThrashZone was a good move too, I used the same
music for my Time Of The Dark Game.

Keep up the good work, and how much difference is there between
the demo and the full version?

I am officially interested in buying it.

Adam Novagen(Posted 2008) [#22]
Many thanks again, mighty Lord of Darkness.

Actually, the only difference between the demo & full version is that the full version has no expiration timer. You may have noticed that the demo only runs for an hour.

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#23]
Oh, lol, I didn't notice.

Ok, once again great game. Best Blitz game I've ever played.

Keep up the good work, and I thouroughly look forward to your
next game.

9572AD(Posted 2008) [#24]
"As i say, people are very lazy. Probably go to that page and see you need to make sure both files are downloaded into the same folder, and give up there."

People are also incredibly ignorant of their PCs. My first thought wasn't "two files is a problem", it was "I hardly know anyone who even knows what a 'folder' is."

Adam Novagen(Posted 2008) [#25]
... Truly inventive... Best Blitz game I've ever played.

WERDNA, with your permission I'd like to post these compliments on the Ghz website as praise for Schizo. I can use your forum name, WERDNA, or you could email me your real name (check my profile for my email address.)

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#26]
You have my person Adam to post my compliments.

And use my screen name of WERDNA.

The Mighty WERDNA(Lord Of darkness)