Vega is now available

Community Forums/Showcase/Vega is now available

zambani(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi everyone,
We've just completed our very first Blitzmax game called Vega.
Please check it out at http://www.reflectivelayer.com

degac(Posted 2008) [#2]
Well....is there an help/tutorial?
(after clicking all the keys...H = help)
The ship can get out 'of the screen' and you don't see what are you doing! (only vert and horizontal speed....)
I don't understand why sometimes I can get more than a ship on the screen...and how control the others?
The ship has no a very good gravity/acceleration (IMO).

These are 'positive critics', I mean you can always change some aspect of the game.

zambani(Posted 2008) [#3]
Thanks for checking out the game.
1)The only help right now is the thru the "H" key. A tutorial will be on our site soon.
2)When the ship goes off screen, user the radar in the lower left corner to guide it back into the screen.
3)When you click on the big green number in the top center of the screen, that's how many ships will come down. So when you start out, you may want to only click on it when it's "1".
4)If though Vega looks like a moon lander, it's not. There is NO gravity in this game. So things just move in a straight line until they hit something.
5)What's your take on what key should be used for help? Something that people would just know :-)

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2008) [#4]
Looks nice. Technically though don't all astrological bodies have at least *some* gravity?

Zethrax(Posted 2008) [#5]
5)What's your take on what key should be used for help? Something that people would just know :-)

The F1 key is traditionally used to display help options. If practical, I'd recommend using both the F1 key and the H key. There should also be an option to view help information from any menu that appears after pressing the escape key (Note: I havent yet played the game, so this info may not be relevant).

zambani(Posted 2008) [#6]
Looks nice. Technically though don't all astrological bodies have at least *some* gravity?

True, True - With gravity though, the game became that much harder and less fluid :-)

There should also be an option to view help information from any menu that appears after pressing the escape key

Good idea. I'll implement that.

Perturbatio(Posted 2008) [#7]
First off, the installer doesn't add an icon to the start menu (or at least didn't for me)
Secondly (and more importantly), I can't see a ship to control. I've tried pressing all the keys and nothing happens. All the other graphics appear to be there.

zambani(Posted 2008) [#8]
First off, the installer doesn't add an icon to the start menu (or at least didn't for me)

I'll add that. Thanks for the heads up.

Secondly (and more importantly), I can't see a ship to control. I've tried pressing all the keys and nothing happens. All the other graphics appear to be there.

The Big green number in the top center of screen represents the number of ships you want to work with. Click on it when it's "1" will cause 1 ship to come down, click on it when it's "3" will cause 3 ships to come down. For more info, press "h" for help.

I'll add a "Tip" dialog at the start of the game to help new player on how to get started.