DreamBall64 Finished!

Community Forums/Showcase/DreamBall64 Finished!

RetroSouls(Posted 2008) [#1]
Released!

Take control of a ball and go a rolling through the obstacle course you’ve ever seen! Pass all the gates and hit “goal” platform to finish a level. Be careful, the obstacles are popping up around every turn. Pass Beware of spinning prickles and try not to fall down from the Land station, which hovers in the sky.

Dwonload Demo at www.retrosouls.net

Panno(Posted 2008) [#2]
easy playing . :)
the style remember me on some retro64.org games

Grey Alien(Posted 2008) [#3]
Great! Look cool and I liked the earlier versions, so lookinf forward to checking this out.

I'll blog about this in a couple of weeks when I get back from a trip I'm going on.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2008) [#4]
Very nice indeed. Colourful, smooth and fast graphics (even at 1280 X 1024 32). When you fall off the ledge you have nobody but yourself to blame, because the ball is very responsive to your control. Only negative looking at the demo was the game might be too easy. Maybe there are harder levels, but they aren't in the demo version.

btw "rolling through the obstacle course you’ve ever seen!" doesn't make sense - might want to correct that.

Grisu(Posted 2008) [#5]
The ball shading flickers a lot on my hardware, quite disturbing...

And yes, the levels for the demo are too easy.

Apart from that: Well done! :)

RetroSouls(Posted 2008) [#6]
The ball shading flickers a lot on my hardware, quite disturbing...

What video card you have ?
Maybe there are harder levels, but they aren't in the demo version.

Some levels after 20 not so easy:
YouTube Video

Grisu(Posted 2008) [#7]
^^see my sig... :)

DarkMere(Posted 2008) [#8]
The kids love the game and it runs perfectly on their slow laptops. I enjoyed it too :)

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#9]
Looks beautiful - great work and congrats on finishing it.

IPete2.

DarkMere(Posted 2008) [#10]
Just downloaded the demo onto my desktop PC. I found the game quite difficult using the mousepad on children's laptops, but far too easy using a mouse.

Also I think it would be better if the mouse only had an effect on the ball when the ball is in contact with a surface. This would increase the difficulty for mouse users.

I had the same effect that Grisu had regarding shading using the children's Vista laptops (but very slight and intermittent), but no problem using XP on the desktop.

Definitely a good game and I think well worth the money, I will be buying the full version for the children.

therevills(Posted 2008) [#11]
Congrats on finishing this! Excellent Game!

I agree with the others that the levels on the demo are very easy, maybe include some of the harder ones in the demo to attract more buyers.

My wife really loves the music, is one based on "Bright Eyes"?

Good Job!

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#12]
..nice..I wanted to download Gyrobot(freeware) but link doesnt work..

M2PLAY(Posted 2008) [#13]
Eiii my son (6 years old) love this game !!!
Great work.

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#14]
I bought it. Great game!
Me and my kid loved it (7 years old)

RetroSouls(Posted 2008) [#15]
Thanks for support us !

Gyrobot link fixed :)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#16]
>>Gyrobot link fixed :)<<

The requested URL /files\!Gyrobot.zip was not found on this server.

Blitzblaster(Posted 2008) [#17]
Yes it is, a funny game for funny hours. Very nice!

Xilvan(Posted 2008) [#18]
The game is soo cool... I will talk about it to all my MSN contacts... SOme of them who downloaded it and found it really fun...

The best you can do is to continue making so fun games...

Cheers !