Bloody Mess 2nd Shot

Community Forums/Showcase/Bloody Mess 2nd Shot

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#1]
'Bloody Mess' is a very bloodthirstily game which goal is to kill as many birds as possible in one minute. When you have finished, you may make an entry to the online highscore!

The '2nd Shot' of this game is similar to the old one with a few changes.
A couple of optical changes are not just it. The cheat-secure is one of the best things about this game. You can no longer just simply hack the online highscore.

Screenshot:

Download: http://bytecode77.com/coding/games/bloodymess

Online Highscore: View Online highscore live now!

I would be glad to hear some comments and opinions.

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#2]
Owned you ;)

That was great fun! It's much harder than it looks... and for a while I thought I was cheating by hitting reload at the same time as fire, until my hand started hurting.

johnnyfreak(Posted 2008) [#3]
I like it! Addictive

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#4]
Still numero uno... heheh... :)

johnnyfreak(Posted 2008) [#5]
why don't check for nicknames? the same, IMHO, should have only one score (the better)

1 Reactor 1224
2 Polska-Fighter 1195
3 Reactor 1186
4 Reactor 1141
5 Polska-Fighter 1139
6 DevilsChild 1135
7 Reactor 1092
8 Polska-Fighter 1050
9 johnnyfreak 1042
10 DevilsChild 1035

||
\/

1 Reactor 1224
2 Polska-Fighter 1195
3 DevilsChild 1135
4 johnnyfreak 1042

So you can avoid the situation

1 Reactor 1224
2 Reactor 1195
3 Reactor 1186
4 Reactor 1141
5 Reactor 1139
6 Reactor 1135
7 Reactor 1092
8 Reactor 1050
9 Reactor 1042
10 Reactor 1035

@reactor: i used your nick because you are the first (at the moment....)

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#6]
Addictive
Still numero uno... heheh... :)
damn straight!
why don't check for nicknames? the same, IMHO, should have only one score (the better)
but then people could still add a caracter to their nick to avoid it...

GfK(Posted 2008) [#7]
Needs something to hold interest for longer, plus it made my finger hurt after about 5 minutes.

Can't get more than around 700-800pts.

Reactor(Posted 2008) [#8]
Man, I didn't know I that good ;) Come on people, 1224 is easy...

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#9]
Needs something to hold interest for longer
i always thought that an online highscore would attract people. what more can i do for this game? a replay function was in my mind but i didnt figure a way to upload a replay via URL...

Digital Anime(Posted 2008) [#10]
i always thought that an online highscore would attract people. what more can i do for this game? a replay function was in my mind but i didnt figure a way to upload a replay via URL...

- One good option is an altime highscore, and best players of last week for example. So less good players have a chance to be on the list also.
- More types of animals to shoot
- Work with small rounds in which you let loose a few animals and in a short period. So it is level based. Maybe target should be at least 50% shot down or something like that to continue to next level.

These are just ideas.

BTW, graphics look very good.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#11]
what more can i do for this game?
Have a look at the Moorhen games. Same idea, better executed.

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#12]
everybody knows moorhen, but it's not far as bloody as Bloody Mess and it has no online high score (at least not from the games i know)

GfK(Posted 2008) [#13]
Later versions do have online scores.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#14]
Not bad. Seems as if i'm shooting at a bird and it's not registering. Can't seem to get anymore than 900 though :o)

Jerome Squalor(Posted 2008) [#15]
the sound effects are kinda gory. especially at the end when all the left over bird explode at the same time. its fun though

puki(Posted 2008) [#16]
This looks fun.

Why not have things popping up out of the ground - like moles, rodents etc.

Plus have more depth going into the screen - ie make the birds, different sizes, to appear further away.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#17]
Make it like level 1 from "Kane".

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#18]
I just get a MAV...

For some reason, my freaking computer (vista, naturally) can't load any images/textures that arent power of 2 resolutions into b3d

GfK(Posted 2008) [#19]
For some reason, my freaking computer (vista, naturally) can't load any images/textures that arent power of 2 resolutions into b3d
...which is nothing at all to do with Vista. Its down to your graphics hardware.

puki(Posted 2008) [#20]
Oh, I didn't know we could play it - I just looked at the screenshot.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#21]
Oh, I didn't know we could play it - I just looked at the screenshot.
I did that, too. When I saw the title of the thread I thought "Hm... I don't even remember seeing the first screenshot", thinking "shot" meant "screenshot". Only realised there was a demo when people started posting scores.

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#22]
actually there was "Bloody Mess 1" before: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=67797

Sauer(Posted 2008) [#23]
I think this is awesome, I once made a game like this. Used the same bullet image if I'm not mistaken.

Comments:
-Scope is cool on Menu
-Nice background image
-Love the overly gory theme, I laugh every time when the game is over and they all explode. (In the dark humor sort of way, not the serial killer sort of way)

About "adding something to it" personally I think the high score will hold people. But if you had to, I would make some unique bird fly by, and if you hit it you get unlimited ammo or a machine gun for a brief period of time. You could even have a cool voice over say something like "Rampage!" in the Halo "Killing spree" voice.

Now I'm getting carried away, my apologies.

Beaker(Posted 2008) [#24]
I don't like it. The idea of shooting animals for no good reason in a bloody explosion frankly disgusts me (sorry to be a wimp). What would be better is if you had different animal species, that rely on each other for food (classic example: fox, rabbit, carrots!?) that you must control to maintain harmony, so that a single species don't a) die out, and b) don't overbreed thus wiping out another species by eating them.

Also, instead of the blood you could have them fall out of the sky.

Would make for a more interesting (and palatable) and complex game IMO.

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#25]
that would be a completely different idea of a game...
Also, instead of the blood you could have them fall out of the sky.
people like me find it funny especially at the end where all birds suddenly die. in real there wouldn't be such a bloodbath, but well, it's a game ;)

Foolish(Posted 2008) [#26]
Seriously. With all due respect, I don't think this is Beaker's kind of game.

Granted, it's simplistic, but well done.

However, it's too rudimentary to be more than a 10 minute diversion. You have some skills obviously that could be applied to a game with a little more depth.

I look forward to your future work.