Elite Multiplayer 3d menu test

Community Forums/Showcase/Elite Multiplayer 3d menu test

*(Posted 2008) [#1]
All righty, firstly this isnt a total build of Elite Multiplayer. This is a menu test to see how well the menu system looks on everyones computers. On mine it looks ok (the buttons are a little blurred but I can fix this later). I hope that all goes well the connection system still has issues BUT I will fix these as well (probably port back to Max the 3d side needed testing in Blitz3d as its quicker to program in than Max/Minib3d).

The entire thing is controlled with mouse, and keyboard to enter the information into the system when requested (passwords/IP addresses etc). I am also looking at the networking system as well and refining it further to make it MUCH more better, for the information system I might add info buttons to the lobby so the system comes up with the server names etc and you click on the information system to request the information from the server (this would get rid of the lag at the start of the lobby).

Without further ado heres the download ( Menu menu system test )

ATM im refining the networking system this will hopefully fix a few issues I have with it (the disconnect a client kills all of em bug for one). Once I do that I will add it to the current build and re-release a new version.

If you have any further comments/suggestions the EdzUp forum can be found here :)

Cp(Posted 2008) [#2]
cant even start it. started client. small window, then "not responding"
win vista,2g ram,intel graphics card

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#3]
It's ok - not much to do or see though. Why don't you create a completely new interface rather than copying the original. Something more minimalistic and a higher res would look much better imo.

*(Posted 2008) [#4]
Cp soz should have explained you need to run the server first, the client NEEDS a server to work correctly.

StevieG I would but I thought that would detract from the Elite feel of the game. Maybe another version in the distant future.

therevills(Posted 2008) [#5]
Hi EdzUp,

Ive been watching your project for ages now. Looking good!

Few issues:

1. I could see the windows mouse pointer as well as the game's pointer

2. After connection fails it still displays the failed IP - also maybe a cancel connect button when trying to connect - I thought it had crashed - it went to not responding...

3. The text seems a bit squashed....

When do we get a playable demo!?!? Stop teasing us!

*(Posted 2008) [#6]
yeah the text system is 100% 3d, a playable demo will be available when its done